Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In account, settings, affiliations you can verify that you are a veteran with ID. Me, it says there are special promotions, any veterans done this and gotten any?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
If you verify you're a Vet, Uber will add it to your profile that your riders see, along with your name.

Might get you some more tips from some people, less from others.
I'm in Dallas Texas area, they love their vets. Maybe thats why I'm getting tipped frequently while many complain of no tips? Having US Army plates help too, though the thought behind that was to hopefully get out of a traffic ticket. I'll take any advantage I can get!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
If you verify you're a Vet, Uber will add it to your profile that your riders see, along with your name.

Might get you some more tips from some people, less from others.
Anyone who doesn't tip a vet is more idiotic than the usual dumdum riders. As a pax, I'd love to know my driver served our country!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Anyone who doesn't tip a vet is more idiotic than the usual dumdum riders. As a pax, I'd love to know my driver served our country!
I have Vietnam veteran license plates and a "Combat Vets Association" decal on the back window. I can't see that affecting tipping either way. (Hehe.. but it might keep someone from getting too aggressive.... well, no probably not. Vietnam vets are all geezers now.)

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
People used to spit on vets & call them horrific names back during the Vietnam conflict. Times have indeed changed.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
People used to spit on vets & call them horrific names back during the Vietnam conflict. Times have indeed changed.
The way we treat our veterans is atrocious. I could go on about this issue for days. The fact that so many of our vets end up homeless is shameful; anyone who served overseas in any capacity should be provided with housing of some kind for perpetuity. No vet should have to come back to the US and not have a roof over their heads for one second. Period.

Shameful.

I have Vietnam veteran license plates and a "Combat Vets Association" decal on the back window. I can't see that affecting tipping either way. (Hehe.. but it might keep someone from getting too aggressive.... well, no probably not. Vietnam vets are all geezers now.)
Thank yoi for your service! So many were just babies - young young kids who weren't even of legal drinking age! But they could witness their friends getting blown away. Then they came back and were treated like crap. I hope that you were treated fairly.

·
-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
2,935 Posts
I verified that I was a vet and I too have received nothing as a result. No passenger has ever mentioned it to me. I kind of regret verifying because I fear Uber will use the number of vets in their ranks to exploit it for PR. I know this sounds a bit sleazy, and it is, but I was hoping it would somehow increase the number of tips I get. It didn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts