Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing Uber/Lyft for the past month and I have yet to really find those sweet spots!! I have gone to Arlington for the games, been around Grand Prairie for concerts and have been to Panther Pavilion for concerts. Seems these are FLOPS!! When are the sweet times?? Is it better to Uber/Lyft in Dallas instead of Fort Worth??

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have been doing Uber/Lyft for the past month and I have yet to really find those sweet spots!! I have gone to Arlington for the games, been around Grand Prairie for concerts and have been to Panther Pavilion for concerts. Seems these are FLOPS!! When are the sweet times?? Is it better to Uber/Lyft in Dallas instead of Fort Worth??
You are one of gazillion other new drivers that are driving around aimlessly saturating the market

In my opinion, Fort Worth is not profitable outside of surge. Dallas surges consistently so it may be better.

My advice is research all of the events going on in Dallas and decide where the drivers will not be. If Uber say's to do something, do the opposite as they are telling the gazillion other new drivers the same thing. Ballgames you can take one surge ride out of there which I average $30-$40 ride. Grand Prairie concert on Friday, I took a $50 ride, however Saturday was a flop as too many drivers were readily available to drive at the regular fare. Panther Pavilion, I simply chose not to deal with drunk lake rats and drive them less than 5 miles.

Driving surge is simple. Log off. Check the 'Rider' app. Logon when you are ready to take a surge. Get ride that pays 2 -4x.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that is how it works. I NEVER see the surge when I am on and when I do, head that way... it is GONE. I'm like...wtf. I did the panther area ONCE when it was untapped. It was okay, I made a few good rides from there. I will have to try that now that I know. Do you also do Lyft?? And I'm assuming it does the same. Also, did you get the TNC inspection?

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
So that is how it works. I NEVER see the surge when I am on and when I do, head that way... it is GONE. I'm like...wtf. I did the panther area ONCE when it was untapped. It was okay, I made a few good rides from there. I will have to try that now that I know. Do you also do Lyft?? And I'm assuming it does the same. Also, did you get the TNC inspection?
If you are going to drive in Dallas have to have permits.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Dallas is better, but it gets stressful and the roads down in uptown, Greenville ave, and Deep Ellum are like War Zones! I have learned to make good money by working 10 hours a day and I now even drive rush hour. This job is never gonna make u rich, but u can make $12 bucks an hour or so. Just relax and u will figure it out. Find hotels, apartments, shopping centers, movie theaters, car dealerships and just wait for your pings. Late nights is also good if u can stay strong in the wee hours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH I avoid Dallas like the plague!! I will not go there unless it is drop. I will drop, turn off app and get my butt out of Dallas. It is too intimidating. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts