Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking a smoke break when I get a ping. Decide to stop smoking and get in the car and take it. 1 minute drive later and I approach the location. Call passenger and she tells me that she'll be down in 2 minutes and for me to start trip. I know my mistake. Won't happen again. Well I start trip and notice it's been 7 minutes and she's still not down. Mind you when I started trip it was only a minimum fare.

After 7 minutes I decide to end trip and leave. 1 star. I drive back to my original location and continue my smoke break. As soon as I light cigarette, I get another ping from the same person. I ignore it. 5 minutes later I get a ping from across the street lol. Ignore it again because I figured it was her again.

Long story short, as I expected, she disputed the trip and I lost the fare. Can the trip be fought, for example, saying she came to the car and I started then left upstairs again so I cancelled? Or the truth as I'm sure the phone call was recorded where she said start trip? Doubt it but just checking just in case.

Point of the story, don't start rides as I would've gotten a cancellation if I didn't.

TL:DR: I've had a lot of passengers making me wait today. One of them in busy traffic in Hoboken on a one way where I had to circle around twice.

TL:DR2: Uber needs a timer as they have with Pool to help us keep track. Lost a cancellation once for cancelling after 4:56.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Tell them that the pax got in the car and u started the trip and then the pax changed there mind so u had no choice but to end the trip, since u can't cancel. Tell them u can give them dash cam video if necessary. If they call u on your bluff, don't reply back and take the lose

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Did you move the car when you decided to end the trip?

If you start the trip and don't move the car and end the trip. It will still give you an option of no show.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
So what Uber will say is that you started the trip without the rider in your car. Uber wants us to tell the pax that after 2 minutes waiting they are automatically start to be charged by the minute (which is true.) It's 15 cents per minute and shows as wait time on the fare breakdown. Regardless of what the pax says upfront, if no one gets in the car, a trip never occurred. It would be a canceled trip. You can ask for a cancellation fee, but since you started the trip and completed it without initially taking further action, it's doubtful they'll issue it. I'd just stay quiet about this one.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Multiple riders have told me to start a trip, and I never do. Why? The best I can do is get get $0.16/minute and get locked into doing the trip. The advantage all goes to the rider. The worst you can do is cancel after five minutes and get paid $3.75.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
If you need this money/gig don't take the advice of the people telling you to lie after posting on here exactly what happened. Uber has their trolls on here. Be a man and take the loss. It's your fault for starting the trip.

The people telling him to lie disgust me. You act like it's a pot of gold he's trying to get. It's no wonder this is the type of people doing this gig. For God's sake its less then a cup of coffee at Starbucks!!!! To the OP... You took all this time and effort to write this for peanuts??? I'm embarrassed to be associated with fellow drivers that say and do these things. It's just amazing the lack of intelligence, integrity and just plain common sense that drivers have

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't about the money to me. I'll be okay without the $3.00. It was just about the principle. The driver screwed me and I wanted to know if there was anything I can do to screw them. I did mention it's a lesson learned and shared this so others know why not to start trip.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Enough with the principle of the matter stuff. You're working for the wrong company if your worried about the principle of the matter. You'll spend more time chasing bad money then finding out a way to make it up and you can wind up like some of these guys that get flagged and or deactivated. When you do something against terms of service you don't want to bring attention to it. you sure as hell don't want to lie about it.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I simply asked for advice. Wanted to know what my options were. If there's nothing I can do then I won't. If there was something I could've done then I would've done it. My rating shows that I'm one of the good ones. Never had any complaints from a passenger. Just posted this to know if there was something that could be done. Smh.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Did you move the car when you decided to end the trip?

If you start the trip and don't move the car and end the trip. It will still give you an option of no show.
Not true. If you try to end the trip it will tell you the trip is too short and to go at least far enough for a minimum fare and review after ending.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Not true. If you try to end the trip it will tell you the trip is too short and to go at least far enough for a minimum fare and review after ending.
Isn't it what jerseyboys said? If the trip is too short--happened twice on the same night to me--when you try to end the trip, it gives you different options, a couple have to do with cancellation. I don't remember if "no show" is one of the options.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Isn't it what jerseyboys said? If the trip is too short--happened twice on the same night to me--when you try to end the trip, it gives you different options, a couple have to do with cancellation. I don't remember if "no show" is one of the options.
Yea I might have been wrong. I realized after posting I tried to "cancel" a trip and got the message about not being able to cancel. Never tried to end trip without moving so I don't know about that. Perhaps is the option for rider no show

1 - 12 of 12 Posts