Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you're at an event that is letting out, don't sit online on the app until the surge hits you goobers. Last night none of you must have been on the roads as the surge hit almost 5x, tonight though before the concert even let out there were 20 some goobers online sitting around the xcel center.. Surge gradually made it to 2x and then quickly disappeared. Come on. Learn the game.

·
Registered
539 Posts
When you're at an event that is letting out, don't sit online on the app until the surge hits you goobers. Last night none of you must have been on the roads as the surge hit almost 5x, tonight though before the concert even let out there were 20 some goobers online sitting around the xcel center.. Surge gradually made it to 2x and then quickly disappeared. Come on. Learn the game.
Hello from the other side
I must have called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home
Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your surge
But it don't matter. It clearly doesn't surge very much anymore

·
Registered
724 Posts
You could use the rider app, request a ride, send a text telling them to go offline until the Surge is heating up, then cancel the ride. Do it to about ten drivers. Probably too many new drivers.

·
Registered
539 Posts
We don't all drive Uberx you know. Surge hunting is pointless in my opinion.
I heard that you're settled down
That you found a XL and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things surge x rides didn't give to you.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I heard that you're settled down
That you found a XL and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things surge x rides didn't give to you.
I like those Lyrics man, but I am a Lyftman. Am working on getting into Uber Black though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You could use the rider app, request a ride, send a text telling them to go offline until the Surge is heating up, then cancel the ride. Do it to about ten drivers. Probably too many new drivers.
(You're gonna wish you never ping'd me)
Rolling in the SUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGGGGGEEEE
(Prices are gonna fall, rolling in the surge)
You had my rating inside of your hand
(You're gonna wish you never ping'd me)
And you played it, to the beat
(Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
Rolling in the SUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGGGGGEEEE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go home dude, Don't worth the money stay at late on the road to earn 25$ for a trip!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like those Lyrics man, but I am a Lyftman. Am working on getting into Uber Black though.
To each their own, but I have looked into it, and after a very serious evaluation, UberBlack is not worth it IMO in MPLS. I can clear $1,300+ in a week doing 70-80 hours doing just uberx/lyft. After taxes (since you log more miles), license,insurance and vehicle upgrade fees Uberblack is a risky AND many times a losing venture. The nice vehicles you see are usually fleet vehicles or some old lawyer dude retired who already ran a limo company b/c some law firm downtown has him on a $90g annual retainer. He just does uberblack to fill the time. Not to mention uberblack cars are waiting 2-5 hours between rides. I already see ubersuv drivers dipping into uberxl maps in the mornings.

Again, to each their own, best of luck if you do it, get a square reader and a front ipad mount, business cards, website. If you get a 8 seater SUV (7pax plus driver) you don't need LM plates, saves you some money. Used suburban is the consensus vehicle to buy, a year or two old, 20,000 mile range, I asked on this site a while back, got a lot of responses from suv drivers around the US.

·
Registered
539 Posts
70-80 hours a week ??????? That's like working two full-time jobs !!!!
I'm not saying I usually work that much in a week, I am just saying that's how much you make working the same hours as someone who does uberblack. uberblack drivers, the profitable ones, are online whenever they are awake, 60-90 hours online easy in a week. doing ubersuv here 60-70 hours, you'd make 2 grand probably a week, but after increased car payment, commercial insurance, state liscense fees, more taxes paid (cuz $3 mi rather then $1 so less written off) and increased car depreciation (40g to 20gs instead of 20gs to 10gs after 100k miles) you will end up making less or about the same.

I do work a lot though...

·
Registered
539 Posts
But he's only a "part-time" uber driver ;)
I take a lot of vacations. I've already taken 2 months off this year and it's only July. Did a 3 1/2 week west coast road-trip in June. We have our annual national parks pass and BLM maps. I love me some mountaineering and camping. But when I am here I work a lot. Is that part time? lol maybe seasonal?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I compared my weekly earnings from uber X so far with a uber suv driver I know last night. I've made $400 so far on 37 trips being online 17.5 hours. He made $450 on 7 trips being online 4 hours. I need to buy a Denali or Escalade I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts