Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
If I buy this crossover what percentage of my trips will be select and XL compared to X
There is no way of telling, because Uber is very individual to every driver. There are so many factors involved, such as area where you are driving, hours, etc, that there is no way to predict this.

I drive MDX. For me approximately 30% of all my trips are XL and SELECT combined. The share of each in these 30% fluctuates all the time.

However bottom line is you should not invest into a vehicle for Uber period. Especially in MDX. With the Pool rumoured to start to be pushed to XL drivers as well, there is no way you would be able to justify such a purchase just for Uber.

Reactions: PoorBasterd

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
The MDX is a awesome truck though. If you're in the market anyway you can't go wrong with an Acura. biozon is right though.....don't buy it only for Uber

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm trading it in for a replacement it's 10k Extra for a MDX I'm just wondering if I'll make that back LOL and I don't get pool requests since I drive Hamilton Burlington and Oakville and avoid Toronto

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well I'm trading it in for a replacement it's 10k Extra for a MDX I'm just wondering if I'll make that back LOL and I don't get pool requests since I drive Hamilton Burlington and Oakville and avoid Toronto
well... you're not going to get any XL or SELECT calls in Hamilton the only service there is X.
Make sure you take that into consideration.

Burlington and Oakville yes, but I have no idea what the ratio to X calls will be there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
10 to 20%. Is it worth it? I don't think so with the extra expenses, more in gas, tires etc. But it avoids pool for now.
2009 model, Good till the end of the year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You avoid Toronto, you hate Hamilton... You're running out of places to drive. Maybe an XL/SELECT vehicle might not be a good value for you.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
A good shape reasonable mileage (which is below 100K kms) 2013 MDX in Tech or Elite would run you something around 30-34 grand before tax.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You avoid Toronto, you hate Hamilton... You're running out of places to drive. Maybe an XL/SELECT vehicle might not be a good value for you.
Toronto is because I never driven in Toronto it's complicated and its 2 busy hard to do lefts and turn to many people jump in front of cars and Hamilton ... I don't want to get shot people there are crazy

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
MDX is great for Insurance and gas. I have one and I sold it because of the V6 engine. Never again for Uber driving using MDX.

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
MDX is great for Insurance and gas. I have one and I sold it because of the V6 engine. Never again for Uber driving using MDX.
I heard the gas is killer,my cousin sold hers because the gas.Although you can put them on propane.The 2014 model is 20% more fuel efficient than the 2010 to 2013

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I heard the gas is killer,my cousin sold hers because the gas.
LOL, it always fascinates me when people complain about gas mileage on a two ton 300 HP vehicle that goes from 0-100 km/h in 7.9 seconds (my personal experience verified through GPS and OBD2.).

FYI, on a highway with 100-125 km/h it goes as low as 9.5 per 100 kms. In the city it's around 16/100. My combined mileage since 2011 till 2014 until I started driving for Uber was 14.5 per 100 kms with 50/50 city/highway. This is amazing for a vehicle with this weight and V6 engine power.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts