Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ack, I got a one star. I was wearing very casual clothes and cleaning out the van a little more when I got a ping, then a cancel then a ping. Got ready very fast and was not looking the greatest. Went to -- ack, a corporate headquarters for a huge company. Pulled in behind a *real* taxi, a professional lady gets in. I think that they must have not wanted me, but keep waiting and another professional lady comes out for my van. Her first view is my cracked bumper. She has one bag to put in and sits in front. Nice lady, we had a good chat on the way to the airport.

But I got a 1 star. I could have looked better, the van should look better. My average after 2 rides is a 3.

Sniff. I have to take this more like a professional. The afternoon jobs are going to be corporate jobs, if I can get my service up to a decent level. I should get the bumper fixed and the van detailed. It's going to get pricey but I think it will do the trick.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ack, I got a one star. I was wearing very casual clothes and cleaning out the van a little more when I got a ping, then a cancel then a ping. Got ready very fast and was not looking the greatest. Went to -- ack, a corporate headquarters for a huge company. Pulled in behind a *real* taxi, a professional lady gets in. I think that they must have not wanted me, but keep waiting and another professional lady comes out for my van. Her first view is my cracked bumper. She has one bag to put in and sits in front. Nice lady, we had a good chat on the way to the airport.

But I got a 1 star. I could have looked better, the van should look better. My average after 2 rides is a 3.

Sniff. I have to take this more like a professional. The afternoon jobs are going to be corporate jobs, if I can get my service up to a decent level. I should get the bumper fixed and the van detailed. It's going to get pricey but I think it will do the trick.
Defintely get the bumper fixed. Uber requires cars to not have damage. That may have been what got you knocked down to one star, even if you were nice.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Defintely get the bumper fixed. Uber requires cars to not have damage. That may have been what got you knocked down to one star, even if you were nice.
ha! Uber doesn't check though. I've seen dents, big scratches, broken tail lights, cracked windshields and even a truck totally decked out with the driver's business decals. Like, half the truck is wrapped with his business info.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Or she could have done the nice part as a disguise and rated you one star for not being a "real" taxi driver.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or she could have done the nice part as a disguise and rated you one star for not being a "real" taxi driver.
Yeah, but you know she ordered an Uber. I'm ok. I will get the van fixed up and I will wear nicer clothes. If I do more corporate drives, I'll get the water too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha! Uber doesn't check though. I've seen dents, big scratches, broken tail lights, cracked windshields and even a truck totally decked out with the driver's business decals. Like, half the truck is wrapped with his business info.
They don't check and I don't even think they emphasize it in their driver sign-up process.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

It's not a job. Uber is not your employer. The rides you choose to give are your business. If you want a successful business, you have to look and act the part. You are a vehicle for hire, your vehicle should be in pristine condition. I get away with wearing shorts and a golf shirt in my market, yours might be more traditional.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It is literally impossible to know if you got a 1 star from that ride unless it's the only ride you've ever done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But, I've only done two rides. One yesterday, and one today. At the beginning of the day today, I had five stars. Does the user prompt every user to rate every ride? Like, does every rider have to give a rating or can they opt out of giving ratings?

·
Registered
966 Posts
They are not required to leave a rating.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, but you know she ordered an Uber. I'm ok. I will get the van fixed up and I will wear nicer clothes. If I do more corporate drives, I'll get the water too.
Don't bother on the water. Picked up some college aka crackheads the other day and got knocked down a star or two on the rating even with the water bottle. :(

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Can we see your face & the van ?to see if she was fair .

·
24,252 Posts
You are new. I would not sweat the one star too much. Yes, do clean up the van. Even Uber does understand that it might take you a minute to get the hang of this.

·
Banned
919 Posts
**** the water. Just have a clean car inside and out and wear a nice, collared shirt. I have never given out water and my rating is over 4.8 . I am far from deactivation.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
If you are driving uberX, unless you get stuff like water/mints/gum for free - don't do it. It made sense was UberX was paying twice what it is now... but today? Fughettabouit.

·
24,252 Posts
But they can't order another car until they rate their last ride.
Perhaps not in your market, but they can in mine. They are under no obligation to rate a driver. The application will ask them a couple of times to rate drivers, but, if they do not respond, it goes away.

In my market, at least, you can not accept another ride until you have rated your passenger.

·
Registered
966 Posts
But they can't order another car until they rate their last ride.
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that you are wrong although I have never taken an Uber personally..

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that you are wrong although I have never taken an Uber personally..
Not 100%... but I know when I take an Uber and don't rate the rider, the next time I open the app, the rating thing comes up for my last trip and the only way I could see to clear it was to rate the trip. It might be different in other markets? Or, there may be a way to dismiss the rating page?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts