Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, frustrating day. One of my passengers complained that I was driving while impaired. But there's no way I would ever do that and my driving was completely normal today, just like all my other 4500 rides I've given. Uber is investigating but it's been several hours.
I've never even tried drugs, this is crazy!

Has this ever happened to anyone?

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
So, frustrating day. One of my passengers complained that I was driving while impaired. But there's no way I would ever do that and my driving was completely normal today, just like all my other 4500 rides I've given. Uber is investigating but it's been several hours.

Jesus how many of these threads are there?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
H

How long had you been awake? Exhaustion does cause impairement.

You may also simply drive poorly which looks like impairement.

Some pax are idiots. Some drivers are idiots.

Jury is out on this one for me. 4500 rideshare rides is not a sign of mental stability.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I seriously have never been high and I drink socially. I certainly was not drinking this morning and my driving was as normal as ever today. Do these pax realize how much anxiety and loss of income this causes?
It's good to know other drivers have been getting this and have had their accounts reactivated 24 hours later. It's just so frustrating!

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Happened to me on a Friday night last month on Lyft. I preemptively asked that they contact every other rider that night and ask whether I acted impaired. Fortunately the false claim came the same night so I also volunteered to go to any police station and take a breathalyzer. I was back online 12 hours later. Unfortunately it was the weekend of the big ice storm and i wasn’t able to drive the rest of the weekend anyway and the false claim killed my only night of driving.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
H

How long had you been awake? Exhaustion does cause impairement.

You may also simply drive poorly which looks like impairement.

Some pax are idiots. Some drivers are idiots.

Jury is out on this one for me. 4500 rideshare rides is not a sign of mental stability.
By that logic, airlines should not hire pilots with too much flight hours. Right? The lower the better? I'm starting to think you have issues.

He said this is a first after 45000. Obviously the guy was doing well and is a competent driver. Let's see when would your first "incident" happens with such pax.

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
I seriously have never been high and I drink socially. I certainly was not drinking this morning and my driving was as normal as ever today. Do these pax realize how much anxiety and loss of income this causes?
It's good to know other drivers have been getting this and have had their accounts reactivated 24 hours later. It's just so frustrating!
Interesting that you didn't answer the question how long where you were awake for?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting that you didn't answer the question how long where you were awake for?
I had a solid night sleep and started me rides in the morning at 11am. I was not exhausted.

Happened to me on a Friday night last month on Lyft. I preemptively asked that they contact every other rider that night and ask whether I acted impaired. Fortunately the false claim came the same night so I also volunteered to go to any police station and take a breathalyzer. I was back online 12 hours later. Unfortunately it was the weekend of the big ice storm and i wasn't able to drive the rest of the weekend anyway and the false claim killed my only night of driving.
Hopefully the same happens to me. I hope I get to find out who the rider was that reported me!

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
DASHCAM People!!!! Record everything. Submit the video of the ride to prove the pax wrong.
Has anyone made an accusation against you and uber accepted the video footage during their investigation? Anyone?

I be very surprised that members here do not have a dashcam recording inside and outside events.
I'm surprised that you think it makes a difference with uber.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts