Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Account on hold

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Haanjo 
#1 ·
Yesterday, I had my account on hold because of a false accusation of DWI by a passenger. He was upset that I didn't turn into his preferred entrance of the shopping center he was going to, and even more upset I pulled in front of the grocery store, instead of his job at a salad restaurant (a few doors down, maybe 35-50 feet from where I stopped) he said "I paid to get dropped off at my job not the grocery store" so I offered to drive him the remaining few feet, but he declined and got out. After his ride, I completed a ride from a well off area to a Dr's office, and was given a generous tip, and another ride, taking someone to work. It was after this ride I was notified my account was on hold. And my 2 rides before this low rent salad tosser POS were great as well, so I know exactly who it was.

Uber had benched me and said my account is on hold for up to 48 hours while they 'investigate'. Also I cannot cash out my earnings. Screw uber. With a GD cactus.

#2 ·
Yesterday, I had my account on hold because of a false accusation of DWI by a passenger. He was upset that I didn't turn into his preferred entrance of the shopping center he was going to, and even more upset I pulled in front of the grocery store, instead of his job at a salad restaurant (a few doors down, maybe 35-50 feet from where I stopped) he said "I paid to get dropped off at my job not the grocery store" so I offered to drive him the remaining few feet, but he declined and got out. After his ride, I completed a ride from a well off area to a Dr's office, and was given a generous tip, and another ride, taking someone to work. It was after this ride I was notified my account was on hold. And my 2 rides before this low rent salad tosser POS were great as well, so I know exactly who it was.

Uber had benched me and said my account is on hold for up to 48 hours while they 'investigate'. Also I cannot cash out my earnings. Screw uber. With a GD cactus.
While you have some time on your hands… to know exactly who it is, check to see which pax trip is now showing $0.00… that’s your culprit. Don’t always assume who you think it is because Uber might not act immediately after report is made by pax, or pax might not immediately report you.

Once you figure out which pax, report them to Uber for the most hideous allegation you can think of, and the pax account will be frozen as well… make sure it is a bootable offense… 🥳

#3 ·
The pax I am pretty sure it is still has a payment showing. If I go back to Tuesday there's one that doesn't show specifically customer payed $0.00, but there's no payment info at all listed. I wonder if that's who it was? He was a round trip from home to a pawn shop and back. Added a stop at a car lot, which changed his price.

#8 ·

Look, I gotta say, false accusations are of course cowardly, but this one could have been avoided. If a rider wants to follow a specific path, go along. I always assume they know the route better than the map app. Or they have a preference regardless. And if they want to be dropped a specific store front, drop them at a the chosen storefront. You never know what people's attractions and aversions are. Maybe the guy didn't want to be seen exiting an Uber car in front of that store. It doesn't matter. When safe, let the pax win these arguments. That's my suggestion for you.

#9 ·
I followed the route Uber gave me. It brought me into a different entrance. Had he asked before, I would have been happy to go his preferred way. Or had he said, 'please drop me in front of xxxxxx" I would have. But looking back, it may not have even been this pax. His ride shows a payment.

#10 ·
EDIT: I penned this before your reply. I am speaking in general terms. Not directed to you.

By the way, your tips may go up as well. I am often astounded to see so many drivers not playing the tip game. In this upfront fare market it can make all the difference. My neighbor just got back from a trip to North Carolina for a wedding. She told me she had to take a few Uber rides and was shocked at how dirty the cars were. All of them. She accused me of "falsely setting her expectations" about what an Uber ride should be, because she always sees me pampering my car. She was kidding of course, but serious about her disappointment with the Uber experience.

#14 ·
Tell Uber the truth, the pax was in a bad mood, you made a wrong turn but.you tried to make it right and also by attempting to drop him closer to his work.

You were not drunk, this is a false allegation, you don't want to be matched with this pax ever again.

If Uber dropped every driver over a vengeful pax they would be out of business already.

However it is a DUI complaint and they have to check to be sure. If your cleared which you should be, then ask Uber to perma-ban that pax as a lesson false allegations will not be tolerated. 😁

He's a shitard and shitards belong with the rest of the Lyftards. 😆

#18 ·
An even better way is to ask Uber which police station and/or lab would they like you to go to in order to be breathalyzed and drug tested. It’s the only true way to prove your innocence. Keep asking them as much as feasible…embarrass them on their Twitter page just for the fun of it as well.

#20 ·

Just tell Uber your side of the story and they will side with you. I had a disabled pax try to pull a scam on me so I asked him to get out at a safe location. He told Uber I was drunk. They called me and I told him the guy was being a total jerk and tried to pull a scam on me, and I vehemently denied being drunk. I was reactivated shortly after I talked to Uber. So they will side with drivers. They're pretty reasonable, actually.

#21 ·
Unless the passenger wants something illegal it's better to just do it.

If they do want something illegal then you're best off throwng them out of the car.

It sucks you got falsely accused, but this is the passenger and you have to just deal with. In the future if they want you to take a certain entrance just do it, if the drop off is relativly close to what the app says just do it, don't even question it.

It's very common for shopping centers to have "1 address" and 40 "suites" and you just take the customer to the suite/aka storefront they want.

#22 ·
That made me laugh.

"Low rent salad tossers" are more trouble than they're worth, as are ghetto drops. Closing time swagger hags. Bumbling booze boyz. Women with "the Karen cut." The "[whatever] Pride Ferry." Someone will take them, but it won't be me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.