Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only done UberEats for the last month and I happened to check my account tonight and I saw it was 'On Hold" for a DUI complaint. I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs so I'm confused by this complaint. This has never happened to me before. How does Uber investigate such a claim?

·
Registered
216 Posts
It happens more often than should be allowed. No way of proving different. Just have to wait it out. I was accused of being on crack. It came exactly at my 3rd yr with Uber & from a pool rider. Never had a complaint like it prior nor after. Ppl like to get free stuff & it cost the driver more than just being shut down for 24-48 hrs. Its best to have a back up plan when dealing w/Uber. Sorry this has happened to you. Feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have only done UberEats for the last month and I happened to check my account tonight and I saw it was 'On Hold" for a DUI complaint. I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs so I'm confused by this complaint. This has never happened to me before. How does Uber investigate such a claim?
You can wait it out. I forgot how long it took to clear me. I think 48hrs. I gave my response to the complaint and that was it. I think they have a mandatory cooling off period. I was driving one Thanksgiving, I decided to take one last passenger. I know I was dozing and the passenger must have noticed and reported me as being under the influence. I just drove LYFT until the suspension was over.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The odd thing is, I haven't had any passengers in my car for over a month. I have only been doing food deliveries.
Yea how someone can make a false accusation that their FOOD Delivery driver was under influence is insane. And how Uber automatically places your account on hold so you stop earning - no questions asked.... for EATS!!! Uber just keeps on surprising me at how low they can go.

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
It also happened to me early last year. Just tell them that your lawyer will be in touch with them soon and to have their evidence ready. You should do Lyft as a backup during this time.
You know how many letters they get a day from firms each day that go un answered? You'll be shocked. Definitely don't spend a lot of money on a lawyer in order to send them a letter.. you don't "work" for them. As the other member suggested, ride it out until they get back to you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
It happens more often than should be allowed. No way of proving different. Just have to wait it out. I was accused of being on crack. It came exactly at my 3rd yr with Uber & from a pool rider. Never had a complaint like it prior nor after. Ppl like to get free stuff & it cost the driver more than just being shut down for 24-48 hrs. Its best to have a back up plan when dealing w/Uber. Sorry this has happened to you. Feel your pain.
Pool riders are much more likely to rate low and lodge complaints. Another reason to avoid that customer base

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
The same issue occurred with me this past week. A pax said my car smelled like drugs. Wtf? They place my account on hold for 24 hrs. I told them(like they care)how many customer that I pick up high off weed? I don’t do any form of drugs or even drink. Pax seems to amaze me how low they go for free rides. Uber needs to do better but we all know they won’t.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The same issue occurred with me this past week. A pax said my car smelled like drugs. Wtf? They place my account on hold for 24 hrs. I told them(like they care)how many customer that I pick up high off weed? I don't do any form of drugs or even drink. Pax seems to amaze me how low they go for free rides. Uber needs to do better but we all know they won't.
Was it a female?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes it was. Ride was normal, nothing out of the ordinary.
Huh....I had the same thing done to me from a female rider. Said my car smelled like crack. Pickup Spalding rd & if I had dropped her off, it would have been Krystals at Holcomb Bridge. I ended the trip & called Uber with her still in the car. It didn't hit me till next day. Uber even told me who it was. Just was curious..cause I truly dont think Uber suspended her from service. False allegations like this, how you going to prove it to not be true.Awful feeling to he accused of something like this. I am sorry this happened to you.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
You are better off not working with Silicon Valley platforms as they are automated BS computer driven, that will terminate you without any thought!

Lease a cab, or deliver pizza; anything where you will be around people that will know you are not using dope or getting drunk.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Huh....I had the same thing done to me from a female rider. Said my car smelled like crack. Pickup Spalding rd & if I had dropped her off, it would have been Krystals at Holcomb Bridge. I ended the trip & called Uber with her still in the car. It didn't hit me till next day. Uber even told me who it was. Just was curious..cause I truly dont think Uber suspended her from service. False allegations like this, how you going to prove it to not be true.Awful feeling to he accused of something like this. I am sorry this happened to you.
My accuser was named Jasmine with a drop off location at six flag drive. I agree with you being that the worst feeling is unable to prove yourself and stuck with the L.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
My accuser was named Jasmine with a drop off location at six flag drive. I agree with you being that the worst feeling is unable to prove yourself and stuck with the L.
I had a false accuser yesterday morning in my cab, trying to avoid paying me. The cops came and made things right.

Cops can sense liars; computers can't!

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
The same issue occurred with me this past week. A pax said my car smelled like drugs. Wtf? They place my account on hold for 24 hrs. I told them(like they care)how many customer that I pick up high off weed? I don't do any form of drugs or even drink. Pax seems to amaze me how low they go for free rides. Uber needs to do better but we all know they won't.
Always report riders that smell of weed or booze.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts