Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,
Just to let you know. Ive been with Uber for over 2 years. Profile rating is 4.97, (7000+ rides). Always drives safely and behaves positive and professional.
I was Temporarily suspended 7 weeks ago. No reason, No one was able to tell me what happened. Just suspended while im being investigated.

I was baffled, i havent done anything wrong, ive always been dedicated to uber...

I then got to know my friend (also a uber driver) was also blocked for 3 days, His friend was also blocked for 24 hours. My cousin was also blocked just like me and still waiting for contact.

I joined minicab and spoke to other drivers, all of them are ex uber who have been recently blocked?

So it appears this is happening quite often. You could be blocked for days, weeks, months.

I have been re avtivated after 7 weeks, the reason is unknown. Uber recieved a report from police about me, thats the only info they have? I spoke to police who have no record of me and my car, spoke to tfl who also have no record, uber basically punished me for no reason. 7 weeks of no Money is ridiculous.

My friend was de acivated because he returned a lost property phone a customer left behind who offered money if he returned it asap, My friend accepted as customer lives 20 miles away and it will cost him time and money. But then later reported that my friend asked for a bribe. My friend was blocked for 3 days. my frined then explained that the customer offered money to return it, surely you cant drive 20 miles (1 hour and back) for free.

My cousin was blocked for lots of cancellations..

Anyone else.

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts
HI Guys,
Just to let you know. Ive been with Uber for over 2 years. Profile rating is 4.97, (7000+ rides). Always drives safely and behaves positive and professional.
I was Temporarily suspended 7 weeks ago. No reason, No one was able to tell me what happened. Just suspended while im being investigated.

I was baffled, i havent done anything wrong, ive always been dedicated to uber...

I then got to know my friend (also a uber driver) was also blocked for 3 days, His friend was also blocked for 24 hours. My cousin was also blocked just like me and still waiting for contact.

I joined minicab and spoke to other drivers, all of them are ex uber who have been recently blocked?

So it appears this is happening quite often. You could be blocked for days, weeks, months.

I have been re avtivated after 7 weeks, the reason is unknown. Uber recieved a report from police about me, thats the only info they have? I spoke to police who have no record of me and my car, spoke to tfl who also have no record, uber basically punished me for no reason. 7 weeks of no Money is ridiculous.

My friend was de acivated because he returned a lost property phone a customer left behind who offered money if he returned it asap, My friend accepted as customer lives 20 miles away and it will cost him time and money. But then later reported that my friend asked for a bribe. My friend was blocked for 3 days. my frined then explained that the customer offered money to return it, surely you cant drive 20 miles (1 hour and back) for free.

Anyone else.
Take phones to lost property.

The one cancelling all the time got exactly what je deserved.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Cancelling all the time will get you canned, so thats self inflicted. I know Lyft will issue warnings about excessive cancellations, not sure about Uber.

If Uber suspends your account, ask them for the ride on question and offer to send them the dashcam footage of said ride, usually shuts them up

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take phones to lost property.

The one cancelling all the time got exactly what je deserved.
My friend did tell customer the policy that he will return phone to lost property, BUT the customer insisted they want phone right Now and expected my friend to drive for free.... Thats the issue. hence why he agreed a fee.

and the other guy who keeps cancelling is understable

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI Guys,

Anyone else.
I also deactivated from my trips, from and to location, were changed many trips in one day in Uber database. I have no idea but this happened few month ago and happened last week. I start talking with Uber support.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My friend did tell customer the policy that he will return phone to lost property, BUT the customer insisted they want phone right Now and expected my friend to drive for free.... Thats the issue. hence why he agreed a fee.

and the other guy who keeps cancelling is understable
I drove 15 minutes for a pick up, when I got there the pax says his car needed a jump start and an Uber could be with him quicker than AAA!
I told him he had called me on false pretenses and could not assist him, further more I would report him to Uber and get him cut off. He said he would pay me for the jump start, I told him $20, he said that's robbery, I put the car in gear, he says OK, Ok, I said "In Advance", he says no way, I put the car in gear. He gives me $20, I jump start his car and report him to Uber anyway!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I drove 15 minutes for a pick up, when I got there the pax says his car needed a jump start and an Uber could be with him quicker than AAA!
I told him he had called me on false pretenses and could not assist him, further more I would report him to Uber and get him cut off. He said he would pay me for the jump start, I told him $20, he said that's robbery, I put the car in gear, he says OK, Ok, I said "In Advance", he says no way, I put the car in gear. He gives me $20, I jump start his car and report him to Uber anyway!
You are looking for unnecessary trouble. Just cancel.

·
Registered
726 Posts
HI Guys,

Anyone else.
Never offer the return to the customers or drop to the hub. It will always backfire. $10-20 buck rewards may happen but most likely more fake complain and you get ban or may deactivated. Always drop the item to the nearest police station and get a receipt.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Let's see... maybe all of you were at an Uber protest, and they used facial recognition software?

Maybe they figured out your true identities and linked you to negative posts on UP?

Maybe Uber just sucks donkey balls?

The world may never know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.