Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No more ****s in my car. I no longer exept anyone below 4.6 rating every time it's a rude **** head asking for Aux cord bottled water and gum. "Just heading up the street cheif". What's your limit ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
4.6 is my cutoff. Above that I'm still factoring in distance and location. For example, I might pick up a 4.6 in an area where I'm used to getting long rides. A lot of business travelers have low ratings, I've noticed. However, a 4.6 at the Walmart? Keep spinning...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this kill your acceptance rate? As a new driver, I have not been picking up people that are 3 stars or lower, then I get a message from Lyft saying I need to get my acceptance rate up.

Is acceptance rate not as bad as cancel rate?

·
Registered
333 Posts
4.6 is my cutoff. Above that I'm still factoring in distance and location. For example, I might pick up a 4.6 in an area where I'm used to getting long rides. A lot of business travelers have low ratings, I've noticed. However, a 4.6 at the Walmart? Keep spinning...
Agreed, the business travelers might be great people but I won't give them 5 stars if they don't tip. I know many other drivers do the same which starts lowering their ratings.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
4.6 here, which seems completely arbitrary, but somehow that seems to be the standard.

I've accidentally taken a few less than that, and it has been 50/50. Honestly, most of the 1 stars I give out are to people with 4.9+ so you really can never tell what you are going to get.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
I'm a curious kinda guy, so just for shitts and giggles, I will on occasion, accept a lower rated pax. I just gotta know why. Lol

Yesterday picked up a 4.6 dude from Miami. Got to talking and he quickly revealed why he had a bad rating whether he knows it or not. I didn't tell him his rating sucked.

He said in Miami, there are a ton of drivers from Haiti, and every time you ping one of them they will call you immediately to ask where your going. If it's a short trip they will cancel, so he's started lying just to get picked up. He'll tell them he's going a long distance over the phone and once they pick him up he says...Change of plans, I'm just going up the street. Lol

Good convo and seemed like a really cool dude. Gave him 5*'s.

·
Registered
378 Posts
No more ****s in my car. I no longer exept anyone below 4.6 rating every time it's a rude &%[email protected]!* head asking for Aux cord bottled water and gum. "Just heading up the street cheif". What's your limit ?
I had a guy today after i drove 11 minutes ask if i wait for him to go into food city to get dog food and pay for his electricity like a fool i said ok. After about 10 minutes he comes out we head back to his place about half a mile I mad 2.40 for about 25 minutes of my time and less gas . Like Alice Cooper said in a song along time ago 'No more mr nice guy No tip either

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm a curious kinda guy, so just for shitts and giggles, I will on occasion, accept a lower rated pax. I just gotta know why. Lol

Yesterday picked up a 4.6 dude from Miami. Got to talking and he quickly revealed why he had a bad rating whether he knows it or not. I didn't tell him his rating sucked.

He said in Miami, there are a ton of drivers from Haiti, and every time you ping one of them they will call you immediately to ask where your going. If it's a short trip they will cancel, so he's started lying just to get picked up. He'll tell them he's going a long distance over the phone and once they pick him up he says...Change of plans, I'm just going up the street. Lol

Tell the Haitian drivers your going to Port-a - Prince just to see the look on their faces

·
Registered
920 Posts
The pax rating is skewed - big time and is unreliable. About a year and half ago many drivers began giving automatic 1* to anyone that did not tip. Many kind and considerate folks who would be waiting outside for the Uber to roll up got 1* regardless if they didn't tip. I was against it then and still against it now. If a pax keeps you waiting, is inconsiderate, or just a plain annoyance then 1* them for sure. But just doing it cause they don't tip is not reason enough and actually does a disservice to other drivers.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had a guy today after i drove 11 minutes ask if i wait for him to go into food city to get dog food and pay for his electricity like a fool i said ok. After about 10 minutes he comes out we head back to his place about half a mile I mad 2.40 for about 25 minutes of my time and less gas . Like Alice Cooper said in a song along time ago 'No more mr nice guy No tip either
Supermarket, fast food, drugstore, etc. runs simply end the trip and tell the pax to request a ride when they're done. Then go wait in the shade if you want the return trip. NEVER have a pax hop out of your vehicle without ending the trip. We're here to make $$$.
btw Poison is my very favorite Alice Cooper song:)

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Never drive more than 7min. tops unless it's surging.

Had a chick the other day say, I just need to go to the bank around the corner and can you bring me back to my house? I said sure no problem. Could you put the destination of the bank in for me? She said sure no problem. Hit navigate... 1/2mile. Soon as she went into the bank, complete trip. Lol

A mile round trip and she thinks I'm gonna wait 10 minutes for her in a 113 degree weather? Not

1/2 mile or 1 mile, still min. fare. I wont wait for these clowns.

·
Registered
86 Posts
4.75+, but will pick up any rating in massive (3x+ surge). Makes life so much easier. I rate 1 for minfares with no tip, fares <$4 with no tip, or the slightest hint of attitude (of course, goes hand in hand with no tip). The key is making sure you get the 5 from them (easy, I could win Oscars with how well I kiss minfare cheapskate ass), then drop that 1 on their cheap, entitled asses. Y'all are way too nice with your ratings. I'll let the noobs and grinders get those $4 rides from shitty pin drops in apt mega complexes. I'll continue to average $20 a ride doing it my way. ;)
For the love of all that is holy, don't drive in Old Town tonight for pennies. Let's get this ***** up to 4.x

·
Registered
104 Posts

I am the same way. I picked up a 4.32 the other day. She was super nice, thanked me for picking her up and was able to hold a decent enough conversation about good music (Tom Waits). She only had a dollar in cash on her and apologized for not having more, I told her it was fine and she insisted. She said that she wished Uber gave the option for tipping. Her fare was about $5 so not super good but was a fun ride, she got 5 stars from me. My next ride was a 4.97 that I picked up near the "W", he was a ride back to Tent City from his work furlough - Zero tip and stunk like an ash tray, he got 1 star from me. Ratings are 100% bullshit in my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if they inflated ratings of riders that are not being accepted.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'll pick up a low rated passenger out of morbid curiosity from time to time. Usually I'm reminded why I don't do it. Not driving tonight. Planning on Saturday. I should as I need cash.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The pax rating is skewed - big time and is unreliable. About a year and half ago many drivers began giving automatic 1* to anyone that did not tip. Many kind and considerate folks who would be waiting outside for the Uber to roll up got 1* regardless if they didn't tip. I was against it then and still against it now. If a pax keeps you waiting, is inconsiderate, or just a plain annoyance then 1* them for sure. But just doing it cause they don't tip is not reason enough and actually does a disservice to other drivers.
I give this post a 1 star

·
Registered
186 Posts
No more ****s in my car. I no longer exept anyone below 4.6 rating every time it's a rude &%[email protected]!* head asking for Aux cord bottled water and gum. "Just heading up the street cheif". What's your limit ?
I prefer the customers with the lowest ratings I demand a cash tip up front whatever I ask if they don't like it I tell them you will be removed from our platform I'm an independent contractor what part of that do you not understand we were just left in the state of California a lawsuit claiming that they had some kind of control over us no way 1 billion dollars ! Uber ship it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I start everyone at 3 stars and see how the ride goes. They act like ****ers I start count down. The ride goes good I bump the stars up I will admit I do give 5 stars to people who don't tip. If there chill respectful and keep a great conversation going with me guy or girl doesn't matter I'll give them 5 stars :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welp, I've argued this before as well. The bottom line: because there is no consistency to the rating system it is essentially meaningless. This hasn't stopped me from using it as part of my system for determining pickups. But it's not my sole determining factor. What can you do - raters gonna rate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts