Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It paid really well for 5 miles like 12 items. Like $19 and it's been slow. I just about get there and look at the items, 12 items but 2 of them were 4 cases of spring bottled water and 4 other cases of water.so 8 cases of bottled water in total. No way I'm doing that even on Instacart. So I just canceled it. Plus it was probably an apartment with a walk up, plus they can tip bait or get mad when you replace other items, next time I will pull over and look at the shopping list because I actually got to the Walgreens, the only good thing is after I cancelled I got a Doordash order for 7/11 across the street.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
So, you cancelled on the assumptions that it would be not up to your standards, but without any actual evidence?
..................and your complaint is__________________________________________________________________________________?

Stupidity Lazyness at it finest . I would be up 19 bucks for that order.
They have ants for a reason.

·
Premium Member
13,259 Posts
It paid really well for 5 miles like 12 items. Like $19 and it's been slow. I just about get there and look at the items, 12 items but 2 of them were 4 cases of spring bottled water and 4 other cases of water.so 8 cases of bottled water in total. No way I'm doing that even on Instacart. So I just canceled it. Plus it was probably an apartment with a walk up, plus they can tip bait or get mad when you replace other items, next time I will pull over and look at the shopping list because I actually got to the Walgreens, the only good thing is after I cancelled I got a Doordash order for 7/11 across the street.
So, you cancelled on the assumptions that it would be not up to your standards, but without any actual evidence?
Wow.
You figured that out pretty quick.
You are 'supervisor driver' material.

·
Premium Member
7,767 Posts
UE/DD/GH all do these shop and pay orders at Walgreens and CVS.

The problem is that these places don't carry a lot of inventory. If the order has over 5 items the chances of all the items being in stock and with the correct sizes is close to nil. I will only take them if it's under 5 items, pays well, and is close in mileage. Even at that, I've had 2 item orders where they don't have the correct sizes or both items. Huge time wasters.

In other words, I rarely take them.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
now there are no more carts in many walgreens in some states like CA, forget red card and plus card orders. yes and people are using this service to stockpile 24 packs of water............to an apt on top of it, forget it rather do a mcdonalds delivery

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I would say the OP probably made the right decision. I never do the shopping orders. Never. That’s most likely because I know it would take me 30 minutes to find two items - I’m that horrible at shopping unless it’s a Korean market where I would have a hand up.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say the OP probably made the right decision. I never do the shopping orders. Never. That’s most likely because I know it would take me 30 minutes to find two items - I’m that horrible at shopping unless it’s a Korean market where I would have a hand up.
I do Instacart a few times a month and did a few more before I did UE and Doordash so I"m not bad with shopping but some stores are worse than others. I had to do a Dollar General for Instacart the other day and just dropped it looking for BS like size 9 high wasted 4 pack of panties, out of stock but they have 40 other kinds and white boards and other trash BS to trailer park city

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,402 Posts
I've gotten a couple of pings for these on UE, but I haven't taken them yet. What are people having delivered from 7/11?
I got a $14.00 tip for delivering someone a Slurpee from 7-11 one night. They were drunk. It was a ping I would normally not take however circumstances were just right to accept it.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've gotten a couple of pings for these on UE, but I haven't taken them yet. What are people having delivered from 7/11?
Wine and beer
Chips,
Milk
Soda
Candy
but this is with DoorDash they shop and package and you pick up

With UE you have to shop the items and pay with the card (always) I think, I know one time I had to deliver just one Slurpee and had to go fill it myself. that day tips were coming in late and I thought I got tip baited but I didn't.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Wine and beer
Chips,
Milk
Soda
Candy
but this is with DoorDash they shop and package and you pick up

With UE you have to shop the items and pay with the card (always) I think, I know one time I had to deliver just one Slurpee and had to go fill it myself. that day tips were coming in late and I thought I got tip baited but I didn't.
Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
I'm with you, there's no way I would take that for $19. Call me lazy if you like but I'm not hauling 2-300 lbs of crap out of the store and up the stairs for you for $19. Then again, I don't do any kind of shopping gigs at all, won't even do Uber eats WalMart.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I do Instacart a few times a month and did a few more before I did UE and Doordash so I"m not bad with shopping but some stores are worse than others. I had to do a Dollar General for Instacart the other day and just dropped it looking for BS like size 9 high wasted 4 pack of panties, out of stock but they have 40 other kinds and white boards and other trash BS to trailer park city
🤣 Not high-waisted panties! Hell naw...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts