Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can accept all you Uberpool requests and get paid the normal rate. All you have to do is accept the trip and as soon as you do just tap the 3 bar menu on the top right hand corner of the app and click "STOP NEW REQUESTS". The app will think your going offline and won't send anymore requests. Since you won't be picking up any new riders you get the full amount. Uber pays the difference because the pax still gets the discounted rate. This will in turn keep you acceptance rate high and the pool passenger will most likely give you a better rating.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
You can accept all you Uberpool requests and get paid the normal rate. All you have to do is accept the trip and as soon as you do just tap the 3 bar menu on the top right hand corner of the app and click "STOP NEW REQUESTS". The app will think your going offline and won't send anymore requests. Since you won't be picking up any new riders you get the full amount. Uber pays the difference because the pax still gets the discounted rate. This will in turn keep you acceptance rate high and the pool passenger will most likely give you a better rating.
Yeah, but why does this cheap pax get to ride alone and pay a cheaper rate?
Not fair to my X passengers.

I'll continue to decline.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
All you have to do is accept the trip and as soon as you do just tap the 3 bar menu on the top right hand corner of the app and click "STOP NEW REQUESTS".
Yeah, but why does this cheap pax get to ride alone and pay a cheaper rate?
Not fair to my X passengers.

I'll continue to decline.
I agree with Cableguynoe as the point is well said. It is not just a matter of inconvenience of picking up multiple riders and dealing with potential lower ratings. The upfront payout is less because pool was selected.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Say no to uber fu**!

Eventually they either pay you full amount or abandon it all together. Why do you think lyft is changing their Lyft line??

Plus, would you rather have one person in your car or four? What Am I? Driver & entertainer ? For a $1 from each passenger?

The funny part, those who take uberpool think the driver is an IDIOT! I WOULD TOO!

Just say no! I just decline 2 of them, my
acceptance rate is @ 39%...No fu**s given!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand your point of view but for me I personally just accept the trips because I get paid the normal rate anyways. That way I stay busy especially on slow days and my acceptance rating stays good. If it means I get paid the normal rate then I don't mind if Uber has to pay for the difference just so a pax can get a cheaper ride.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
The funny part, those who take uberpool think the driver is an IDIOT! I WOULD TOO!

!
I have actually gotten this vibe from several pool pax.

One girl I picked up late at night was paying a flat 3.99. She started saying something about how dirt cheap these rides were and stopped herself.
I actually made $7 for the ride, but she was thinking I must have made 2 or 3.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have actually gotten this vibe from several pool pax.

One girl I picked up late at night was paying a flat 3.99. She started saying something about how dirt cheap these rides were and stopped herself.
I actually made $7 for the ride, but she was thinking I must have made 2 or 3.
In many cases, the ride is cheaper than a filthy bus ...Plus they get to feel "important" & abuse drivers...

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I understand your point of view but for me I personally just accept the trips because I get paid the normal rate anyways. That way I stay busy especially on slow days and my acceptance rating stays good. If it means I get paid the normal rate then I don't mind if Uber has to pay for the difference just so a pax can get a cheaper ride.
First you are enabling more and more people to request pool by default. Itll only get worse as more and more pax realize drivers are intentionally preventing matches rides

Uber cannot sustain paying you more and charging them less. They also are not stupid and has the full power of analytic data on their side. If they see that you get 40% Pool on a daily basis and 0% matches, a red flag pops up. Now they realize you are stopping new request after the first pool pax.

Its been reported that uber can and has diaabled the stop new request feature. Its not a matter of if but when they catch you and disable it for you.

At worse, they could implement service wide policies that will prevent you from not being matched.

By then, more and more of your city will be ordering Pool because you enabled them all this time. Now youre stuck with pool with no ability to prevent a match.

Good luck, but i feel you are shooting yourself in the foot in the long term.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the suburbs outside of the city, I have a rule I don't drive more than 6 minutes for a pool ride. Sometimes I get a pool request that is 20 minutes away...that ain't happenin'.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
yea in the area im in sometimes its so slow i have no choice but to take a pool to get some work. i never go more than 7 minutes and under a 4.7 rating though when it comes to poo

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
How do you get paid the normal rate? You are getting paid for miles and minutes but at a lower rate than X.

Unless you are talking about Lyft. They have just changed to paying normal rate on Line. Not Uber.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't understand this statement...I've heard other people say it too that if you don't get a second rider, then it's the same as X. That's just not true. The per mile and minute rate is lower with pool than with X. Whether you get a match or not, you are still being paid lower rates for the ride.

Unless you are in a test program where they are paying you the same rates for pool as they are X, then you are making less with pool.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Uber pool is slowly declining. I'm in a test group that pays pool the same as X. That's one step in the right direction. I've also found that the difference in many cases between pool and X is only $2-$3 for pax on longish trips. Uber decreased the price difference in order to limit their losses on unmatched rides, because they know drivers are ignoring pool or the matched ride. That small price difference also causes many sensible pax to skip pool since a $2 savings isn't worth an extra 20 min or more of their time.

When rates were lower, no way in hell I would take pool unless chasing a good quest. Now? If I get paid the same who cares if the rider is paying less. That extra few bucks would just go straight to Uber's pockets if they take X. Even if I take pool I still reserve the right to turn it into an X ride since the riders savings won't be at my expense.

I also still reserve the right to take new riders if I need to increase my ride count for a bonus. I'm in full control as to whether I want to give a pax a discount on Uber's dime or make them lose time for not paying extra for insurance against a shared ride.

If Uber takes my ability to stop new requests on pool away, I will simply go back to ignoring pool. I know pool is a dirty word amongst drivers and it's hard to erase the stigma against it, but you can use it to your advantage if/when they roll out same rates a X in your area.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm in that program too (which is why I hinted at it in my first post)...I started taking pool again since then...I've had quite a few pool rides that have paid out $20+ since getting switched to the test pool rates.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Are matched rides still being auto-accepted?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't understand this statement...I've heard other people say it too that if you don't get a second rider, then it's the same as X. That's just not true. The per mile and minute rate is lower with pool than with X. Whether you get a match or not, you are still being paid lower rates for the ride.

Unless you are in a test program where they are paying you the same rates for pool as they are X, then you are making less with pool.
I'm not in any test program to my knowledge. I get paid the normal rate I've calculated at least 10 pool trips in which I've hit the "stop New request" tab. And in every one I get paid as if it's a regular Uber. When I check it for example in the trip the pax paid $15 and I got paid $20. The fare details shows me what Uber paid me the difference ( instead of them taking their cut)

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I'm not in any test program to my knowledge. I get paid the normal rate I've calculated at least 10 pool trips in which I've hit the "stop New request" tab. And in every one I get paid as if it's a regular Uber. When I check it for example in the trip the pax paid $15 and I got paid $20. The fare details shows me what Uber paid me the difference ( instead of them taking their cut)
If you weren't informed that you were in a test group you may still get paid lower rates. You need to look up pool rates and X rates in your city. Multiply by 75% to get your net rates. At the end of the trip you get a breakdown of miles and minute. Multiply your net rates by the recorded distance. You'll then know what rate youre getting paid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts