Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just be or is there an abundance of new drivers? Over the last month, I've been having trouble getting enough riders, especially surge riders. I use to make most my money off surge riders but now it's mostly on tips. Luckily for me people ****ing love me and give me decent tips.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seems to me like the surge all but disappeared. I'll see it sometimes, but its gone in about 2 minutes. I barely drive anymore but when I do it's crap. Never busy. So maybe that is due to too many new drivers out? Never thought about it. Uber sucks. Ugh.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Late May to August 31 is the slow period in rideshare. Sorry, you'll have to just drive more to make your numbers. It sucks.

I miss those $80 airport runs during snow events in February.
It has definitely slowed down, which is expected. More people are walking as the weather allows. Gotta keep grinding if you want the $$$.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Late May to August 31 is the slow period in rideshare. Sorry, you'll have to just drive more to make your numbers. It sucks.

I miss those $80 airport runs during snow events in February.
I find this funny because when I 1st joined the forum people said it would be dead after the holidays till Valentine's day and then be really good in the summer months.

I'm also noticing a bit of a slow down. Nothing major but a little disconcerting

·
Registered
128 Posts
I find this funny because when I 1st joined the forum people said it would be dead after the holidays till Valentine's day and then be really good in the summer months.

I'm also noticing a bit of a slow down. Nothing major but a little disconcerting
Weekends can be good in the summer. But for me, it seems like weekdays are a lot slower when the weather is better.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts

It is true about 1-2 years ago the post-New Years time was really dead until start of baseball season. This past year, I think so many people have joined Uber and Lyft as part of their normal daily commute that it was off the charts, in my opinion. The bad weather made driving in Jan and Feb really really great. Made a lot of money.

Driving now seems like no surge and short trips.

Weekends can be good in the summer. But for me, it seems like weekdays are a lot slower when the weather is better.
Last night it was soooo dead downtown, which surprised me because it was game 2 of Cavs and there was a watch party at the Q. The flats were dead, East 4th was below normal, just everything seams off this week so far. Can't explain it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Last night it was soooo dead downtown, which surprised me because it was game 2 of Cavs and there was a watch party at the Q. The flats were dead, East 4th was below normal, just everything seams off this week so far. Can't explain it.
Its the week before Memorial Day weekend. Lots of people probably laying low in anticipation of vacations or get together that go on that weekend.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

You are correct. Uber even used to call the slow times the "winter slump" or something like that. New drivers get tons of rides at first and over time Uber begins throttling the number of rides they get. Newbs are confused and begin thinking of every other possibility other than what it is - It's Uber sending them fewer and fewer ride requests to force them to be on the road longer and longer. Period.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You are correct. Uber even used to call the slow times the "winter slump" or something like that. New drivers get tons of rides at first and over time Uber begins throttling the number of rides they get. Newbs are confused and begin thinking of every other possibility other than what it is - It's Uber sending them fewer and fewer ride requests to force them to be on the road longer and longer. Period.
Good Lord...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts