Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very busy day today I'd like to let it be known that Albuquerque pax are VERY aware of rates and are most insistent on tipping! They appreciate our service and want to show it: $5. On $3.32 ride, $5. On $4.o ride, $3. on $7.10 ride, $12. on a $10.10 ride, and another $3. on a $7.40 ride. That's $28.00 I am grateful for. Yes, it's from less than 1/3 I drove for, but nonetheless, it's uplifting to know that if educated about how things stand right now for drivers, we have people in our city who care about US!!;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
A
After a very busy day today I'd like to let it be known that Albuquerque pax are VERY aware of rates and are most insistent on tipping! They appreciate our service and want to show it: $5. On $3.32 ride, $5. On $4.o ride, $3. on $7.10 ride, $12. on a $10.10 ride, and another $3. on a $7.40 ride. That's $28.00 I am grateful for. Yes, it's from less than 1/3 I drove for, but nonetheless, it's uplifting to know that if educated about how things stand right now for drivers, we have people in our city who care about US!!;)
As a native of Santa Fe, long displaced thanks to the Navy, glad to hear it. Congratulations and more your way I hope.

·
Registered
276 Posts
While that's great to hear, I can't believe your still driving.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like many, I NEED to. Hopefully not for long, but it's a change from an office 8-5, and I'm enjoying myself. I agree it's not something you want to do long-term, full time though :/ I AM glad I'm having the experience. Makes for interesting convo lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Like many, I NEED to. Hopefully not for long, but it's a change from an office 8-5, and I'm enjoying myself. I agree it's not something you want to do long-term, full time though :/ I AM glad I'm having the experience. Makes for interesting convo lol
Unfortunately that holds true for most drivers now. Most are only making $5-6 an hour after expenses of course. I've gone from $1.85 to .85. Or in reality.68 per mile before expenses. Just can't see it, if House Bill 168 passes then you will be required to have a buisness license and tax id#. Do you realize you will have to pay the 7.25 percent GRT. Plus pay for a drug test and on top of all this you will be required to inform your insurance company.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading HB 168 the insurance "gap", "logged on to TNC app" but not in the process of providing a ride, is still there. This concerns me most, to be honest. There is NO mention of a TNC driver registering for a separate business license and paying gross receipts tax. That's not to say that this couldn't be imposed by other existing laws already on the books elsewhere. If you file a Schedule C federally it's possible that when taxes are "matched", State to Federal, by the State of NM, the state might then look to you for this registration. Since the match occurs generally 2.5 years later, tax year 2015 would/might come in to question fall of 2018.....I began in Dec 2015, and only made $240, so I'm not really concerned with that. IF I drive for more than 3-4 months this year, I would then become concerned on that front. Which leads back to the rate of pay we're earning and is the reason I began this thread. It's just a nice feeling providing a service to our community, which is definitely needed, and having our customers show their appreciation. At least I can MAKE my car payment, you see....which enables me to look for my next "real job"!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts