Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my license suspended in 2011 for 5 years due to a street racing accident. I get my license back this August and I'm wondering if Lyft & Uber would hire me. My background check is completely clean, but it might show up on my DMV record. I'll also have to have SR-22 certification on my insurance.

Trying to see if I can have my record checked before going about purchasing a car. I don't want to buy a nice car only to have my application denied.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
<1% chance of getting hired in same state

Some chance of "accidentally" getting hired in another state

Don't hold your breath though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pray to God they do not hire you.
I was 17 at the time. It's been 6 years, I'm definitely not the same person I was back then. Not to mention everything I went through because of that situation. It changed me into a better person and it guides my decision making today.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Sarcasm aside, can't you get juvie records sealed?

Dunno about driving stuff, but ironically, if you had a juvie record for assault molestation and armed robbery - Uber/Lyft could and would NOT KNOW

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
If it's a juvie record, you may make it. If it's an adult record, probably not. Need to stay clean for 7 years. But hey, why ask us? Apply and let us know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm going to apply in August when I get my license back. I was just wondering if there were others who are in a similar situation with SR-22 insurance and whatnot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts