Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess that Addison Kaboom Town is paying off. 2.0-2.2x surge. But I'd never do that again. You can't get out of there for 2+ hours because every street is blocked by stupid Addison and Carrollton cops.

image.png

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Wonder if this storm blowing in is a factor. Usually is.

Edit: whoops, didn't notice OP was from an hour ago. Anyway, 3.6 storm/midnight/July 3 surge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wasn't going to drive tonight but saw the surge at 3.0 for Addison at midnight. it took me about 15 minutes to get there and the surge was suddenly over. I'm new to Uber, only been doing it a few weeks so this was the first big surge I saw...I stayed in the area and stayed busy for 2 hours, right around 2am it surged 2.3 but then right back down.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I wasn't going to drive tonight but saw the surge at 3.0 for Addison at midnight. it took me about 15 minutes to get there and the surge was suddenly over. I'm new to Uber, only been doing it a few weeks so this was the first big surge I saw...I stayed in the area and stayed busy for 2 hours, right around 2am it surged 2.3 but then right back down.
First thing to know, never chase surges

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sucker. Everyone knows to avoid kaboom town. Rideshare or taxi.

Honestly 3X is weak. That shit should be 7X.
I didn't know that last year, but I was working my real job and got stuck there and decided to flip the app on. Took me an hour to get to my pax 6 blocks away. They were going less than a mile (seriously!), then had a request at 6x but I never got to them because of all the road closures so they cancelled. Last ride out was a family of 5 trying to pack themselves plus kids plus strollers into my Ford Fusion and the surge was only 1.5x. I told them only 3 because of strollers and they agreed.

Never would work that sh!t again.

Yup, it was 6.8x for UberSelect. Didn't go above 3.4x for UberX.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Worse than WrestleMania at JerryWorld? I'd have to see that to believe it.
They pretty much block off every side street and the Addison Airport Toll Tunnell.

They want you to take Addison Road to Trinity Mills or Belt Line and from there, either Midway or may the Good God Above be with you.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if that's the exact place I went but I picked up the most annoying passenger of all time last night at a firework show in Dallas/Irving/somewhere. Guy called me four+ times while I was on my way to get him. It took me about 40 minutes to get to him. He had a toddler who ripped up tons of tissue in the backseat. He smelled so bad. I had to air out the car. I made less than $5. I actually LOST MONEY on the trip. I was pissed. It's the first time I have ever rated a passenger anything but a 5.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Youll learn.. I think we all were tight "5"'s save the worst of them.. now its rare for me to give a 5

·
Registered
643 Posts
Worse than WrestleMania at JerryWorld? I'd have to see that to believe it.
Addison fireworks was the worst I've seen. Tried to pickup XL on Belt Line and I was on the tollway. Went several miles north then turned around and was about to exit Spring Valley when he finally canceled. I was even cursing badly and forgot I had called the pax on speakerphone, but I think he may not have picked up. Nothing worse than wasting money on the tollway, extra tolls at that, for a canceled ride.

At least at Jerry World for Wrestlemania you could park 5-10 mins walking distance away and still get out quickly (not going to reveal my secret though). Problem is you have to have a pax willing to walk to you and know that you can get out quickly. Which I found on my first try. Before the surge started, it was my second night okay. But still got out of there so quick.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Did anyone work KLTY's Celebrate Freedom? I used to go to those 20 years ago and they were a pain just to get out of in your regular vehicle. I couldn't imagine doing a rideshare job.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Stay far away from that disaster
When I got married me and my wife lived on sojourn at those apts and we came home and the addison pd would not let us go home coming down addison road and turn right onto sojourn .
We had to go all the way down beltline
Turn right turn right again at midway
Come back up midway to trinity mills

Went to the racetrack parked the car and walk home!! And we had a baby with us so instead of being home at 10 we got home at 1230AM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts