Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Ability to see non 5* rating comments

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Ayad 
#1 ·
I think partners should be able to see the comments of non 5* ratings from passengers. We are doing a service industry business and if we don't know or no one tells us what we did wrong how can we improve? Was this feature available before? I have only been a partner for about a month driving only 3-4 hours fri sat and not even bothering to go out if too many drivers out there.

#2 ·
"Partner" is what Uber calls us. I think a better word is "tool". We're all Uber-tools! Your improvement is irrelevant to Uber because your easily replaceable. If you want to succeed at this you need to learn how to improve on your own. You need to be out there learning how to game the system. Uber is not your partner or your friend, learn how to deal with the Uber machine.

#4 · (Edited)
I read somewhere that Uber claims they did this in the past and a driver retaliated on the rider.
Personally, I think they did a disservice by removing that feedback.
Provide the feedback, much like you would see for eBay, etc... how many 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars, etc... and the feedback of customers.
Then implement like Lyft, anything less than a 4 star means those two will never be matched up again.
Finally make sure the drivers understand that if they try to retaliate, they will be deactivated.
Same with the rider feedback.

Otherwise revert the whole system to a thumbs up / thumbs down system and move on.

Reactions: UberXTampa
#5 ·
the riders are retaliating on drivers lately.
My ratings tanked.
I look at weekly statements, average for my market tanked as well.
Uber's toxic behavior is spreading to everything it touches.
For now, as drivers we are at risk because of the endless supply of new drivers.
I started to seriously think that uber really doesn't want a veteran driver.
All it wants is your new car.

#6 ·
Yep... for Uber, lowering rates until drivers cannot maintain their nice new vehicles means they must rely on new blood to provide new vehicles, while ruining the lives and cars of the drivers that helped Uber get wealthy.

#7 ·
Today I drove close to the USF campus and parked at a shopping plaza.
For solid 30 minutes that I was there, the pings from USF students were back to back.
I did not take even one of them out of fear that these bastards will randomly give a poor rating for no reason at all.

My lyft app was on as well.
In Lyft you can see names with ping.
When all you see are names typical of certain people and nationalities, you know these bastards have gotten so many bad Uber ratings that, as uber pax they cannot even get a ride anymore. They have to use Lyft which is more expensive! And again, as Lyft driver you will get low rated because of that as well. I did not take a single Lyft ping too.

I could have easily averaged a $20.00/hour or maybe more (not too much, but still it is something) in exchange for shit ratings. But I didn't do it as much as I needed that money.

**** you uber!

#11 ·
Today I drove close to the USF campus and parked at a shopping plaza.
For solid 30 minutes that I was there, the pings from USF students were back to back.
I did not take even one of them out of fear that these bastards will randomly give a poor rating for no reason at all.

My lyft app was on as well.
In Lyft you can see names with ping.
When all you see are names typical of certain people and nationalities, you know these bastards have gotten so many bad Uber ratings that, as uber pax they cannot even get a ride anymore. They have to use Lyft which is more expensive! And again, as Lyft driver you will get low rated because of that as well. I did not take a single Lyft ping too.

I could have easily averaged a $20.00/hour or maybe more (not too much, but still it is something) in exchange for shit ratings. But I didn't do it as much as I needed that money.
You could eventually possibly theoretically get sued for discrimination. Why don't you park where the "good" people are?

#8 · (Edited)
Let's say we get to see all the negative comments. Many will be specific enough to identify passengers. Some drivers might contact these passengers to explain their position or worse. Just reaching out to them in their place of business or residence could be considered harassment. Absent this liability factor, do you think uber or lyft would welcome the flood of driver communication regarding their side of the story with open arms? We are not that important. The comments work with eBay because buyers and sellers are distant from each other and eBay controls how they make contact.

#10 ·
Let's say we get to see all the negative comments. Many will be specific enough to identify passengers. Some drivers might contact these passengers to explain their position or worse. Just reaching out to them in their place of business or residence could be considered harassment. Absent this liability factor, do you think uber or lyft would welcome the flood of driver communication regarding their side of the story with open arms? We are not that important. The comments work with eBay because buyers and sellers are distant from each other and eBay controls how they make contact.
You state: Ebay controls how they make contact...
Not really. both parties have the address of the other and likely have the email address and possibly phone number after initial contact.
Yet with Uber, neither the driver nor rider has the address, email, or phone number of the other party.
Even if the driver picked up the rider at their home, they did not likely write down the address at that time.
However, if they DID write it down and decide to "reach out" or "harass" the customer, that is fairly easy to address directly through Uber AND the local police.
If the driver wants to not only be deactivated from Uber, but ALSO end up with a possible criminal record, that is a reflection of the driver and no one else.

Reactions: UberXTampa
#9 ·
I understand all of this concerns a it retaliations but it's no different than those "partners" complaining about low rates. We should be professional enough to accept that this is a business. Nobody forced us to join uber if the rates goes too low in my area in gone. I also understand that once your in and you start allocating that money for something your hooked. Again this is a business, just like any business the good comes with the bad, if you can't handle criticism then quit. I'm sure others here will say something else and probably call me a hack but that's how businesses are. I also have a cleaning business and if my client complains I don't take it personally and just drop the account if nothing satisfies them after making adjustments based on their recommendations and comments.

People this is a business can't hack it or gets margin gets too thin then quit. Without uber you won't be here in the first place, you've made your money when the rates are high. Uber, we need to know what's causing our *s to drop otherwise how can we price service? And of course stop dropping rates, service is only as good as the money we make, otherwise you will be hurting yourself by only getting drivers/partners who would not be prfiessional.

#13 ·
A lot of uber partners should not even be driving due to being too looney to accept cristicism bit that's beside the point. I think showing comments would only improve service as log as rates are not cut.

We should also not be pusses with pax that give us less than 5* if partners give them less than 5* for not tipping them. We knew before we started that tips are not encouraged by uber, so why b1tch about it, it's not the pax fault. If you went to a restaurant and the sign in front said "service charge included" or " tip not encouraged" would you leave a tip?

#14 ·
Uber said "tips are included" and it was a lie, they got sued for it.
They reworded their intent by saying "tipping is not required" and this is a fact for every service business.
Tipping has never been required in any kind of service business.
Uber's malicious attempts are the problem. And the ignorant or smart ass people that know better are making it worse.
I started to believe, those who tip also rate low nowadays. since they have learned the relationship of tipping to their loser short fares, they try to tip to avoid bad rating. but, when they exit, they still one star you.

this weekend I had one such couple. they made me wait close to 10 minutes after I drove 9 minutes to pick up. While I was waiting, they came out a couple times saying they are coming now, in a minute etc.. I was nice and never made an issue. they even came into the car with a drink. I ignored it for the first time. I said, what the heck, they are in back seat, they will drink it there and I don't want to confront them. Trip was nice and when we finished he tipped, I stated "you are not required to tip" but then he responded saying "but I know this is not what drivers really think" and with a sense of parting away with his tip unwillingly, he handed his tip. I am sure, I got a very bad rating from that couple.

Uber started the cycle of evil. It is byting everyone in the ass. Uber is the evil and decaying the society. If you can't see that, you have a problem.

Uber has to be an ethical company and not play games and gimmicks on everyone in order to decimate all competition and be the only game in town.
Clearly, Uber has chosen this path as the only way to market domination.
I wish a deep pocketed competitor such as Google and even Tesla soon enters the market so we have some hope.

#15 ·
I agree uberxtampa. Uber and maybe google and tesla are here to make money, and uber has shown that no matter how low rates are drivers will be there. We can only hope that google and tesla, if ever they enter the market would be better, but then Again only if they will make $$$. Google will
Probably make you have a touchscreen TV screen with ads playing on it to make more money and even more when the pax sign up for something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.