Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
Drug runs are bad news anymore. If the guy is not ducking bullets as he runs back to your car, you are lucky. The foregoing, of course, assumes that you are still in one piece when he does return, as waiting in places like that can get you bothered by some of the local hoodlums. If none of the above occurs, the Police could be watching, and, as your vehicle was "used in the commission of an illegal act", the Police could seize it. Yes, you could sue, and probably get it back, but when you go to pick it up from the impound yard, it has at least two flat tyres, it is missing a fender and water somehow managed to get inside it leaving mould and a rather stale smell. All of this assumes that the passenger does not rob you for what little cash that you may have or your credit or bank cards.

You were smart to get out of there. Usually, the Uber or Lyft people are more understanding. Had I done that in my cab, and the passenger had complained at best, the Taxicab Commission would give me a nasty fine; at worst, yank my hack licence. Thugs, druggies and other assorted criminals and insidious characters have more rights than does a cab driver.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.