Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Happy Monday everyone!

This isn't in LA/OC yet, but it's being tested nearby.

Who's ready for 25+?

What should really concern you is the second part. AR being tied to your ability to see Long Trip on ping.

View attachment 237589
80% acceptance rate? No problem.

Incoming request with a 4.27 rating that's 17 minutes away. Okay! ACCEPT, then CANCEL.

Rinse & repeat :)

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
I did mention they were working hard on it didn't I?
Bruh, watch it on the innuendos :oops:

25+ is my dream.
80% AR is my nightmare.
Nice...cuz LAX to MDR at certain times takes about exactly 27 minutes...other times it can take those same 27 minutes just to get to 105 or Century from LAX ;)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Last night i kept getting 25 min plus long pickup requests out of Surge while in middle of a Surge (Typical Yes I know) in Thousand Oaks. I rejected 5 pings back to back then all of a sudden I got Zero pings for quite some time.. said fk it and went to the gym. After the gym I started getting pings again.. Is Fuber still putting peeps on a "time out" if you reject a certain amount of pings back to back?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Last night i kept getting 25 min plus long pickup requests out of Surge while in middle of a Surge (Typical Yes I know) in Thousand Oaks. I rejected 5 pings back to back then all of a sudden I got Zero pings for quite some time.. said fk it and went to the gym. After the gym I started getting pings again.. Is Fuber still putting peeps on a "time out" if you reject a certain amount of pings back to back?
I guess they are.
30 min no Pings on Monday morning, after refusing 3 Pings.
To be fair, 8 cars showing in passenger app.(saturated)

·
Premium Member
Cheapest SUV I can find for the Black Market
8,050 Posts
Yeah, they do it....unofficially

·
Premium Member
14,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Officially and legally? No

In reality? Yes

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Nah, those are the rides that Uber actually makes money off of. Even if I longhaul Uber's service fee is more than an entire UberX fare.

Also.

No insurance for uber to deal with.
In think uber is getting tired of dealing with livery, most livery drivers smell like smoke and are creeps.

Lyft is running lux without TCP requirements, they just need to tighten up their vehicle lists.

Besides all that most livery drivers just use use the uber app to steal private clients anyways.

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
For past few months it has been something like:
  • 3 minute *timeout on 1st skipped ping (unless it is really busy)
  • Additional 3 minute timeout for 2nd skipped ping
  • Automatic Off-Line for 3rd skipped ping (if on a previously used DF, lose the DF)
*Not official, only from my experience.

Also, at LAX for past couple of months: Skip a ping and Uber puts driver back 10 places in Queue :confused:

In think uber is getting tired of dealing with livery, most livery drivers smell like smoke and are creeps.

Lyft is running lux without TCP requirements, they just need to tighten up their vehicle lists.

Besides all that most livery drivers just use use the uber app to steal private clients anyways.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts