Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ROFL! That's a new one on me. Let me guess...a Pool rider.
Not a pool. Uber x. But her rating was around 4.5. I should not have taken it. People often enter an address but are not there. They maybe down the street or at a corner. Once I get to the pin they call me if they can't find me. 99% of people are reasonable. Her apartment complex was hard to get to, plus after we left she said she forgot something and I had to go back and wait.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so what was the problem? you didn't call her or she was in the wrong spot?
In my case I usually call them when I can't find them, and the problem is them dropping a pin or using current location and the GPS does not actually know where they are and picked a random address. I try to explain to them to put the actual address and how it works to avoid this happening in the future, and then they always give me a low rating on pickup experience.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have just finished a very good trip. I even got a top rating and an ,excellent service' badge.

The trip got off to a rough start. The customer called me while I was en route to tell me the app gave the wrong pick-up location. She was actually a couple blocks away.

Once I got to the right place, we met an a perfect ride followed.

That's where the Uber method leaves taxi companies behind. We can communicate directly with our customers.

Now, I'm no fool. If someone is playing games, I'll tell them to cancel and put in the right address. With a little experience your ear will hear the difference between a glitch in the app and a troublesome passenger. When in doubt, have them cancel and re-enter their info.

Remember: we sell service. You need to remember that we serve the customers.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have just finished a very good trip. I even got a top rating and an ,excellent service' badge.

The trip got off to a rough start. The customer called me while I was en route to tell me the app gave the wrong pick-up location. She was actually a couple blocks away.

That's where the Uber method leaves taxi companies behind. We can communicate directly with our customers.

Now, I'm no fool. If someone is playing games, I'll tell them to cancel and put in the right address. With a little experience your ear will hear the difference between a glitch in the app and a troublesome passenger. When in doubt, have them cancel and re-enter their info.

Typical uber response

·
Registered
294 Posts
wtf^^ Is Karen a robot? or a schill?
He/she works for Uber. We know that, he/she knows that.

See attached for pick up flag. Lol
Uber's messages are so offensive. Could write 1000 words taking just this one apart, but why bother.

You're no fool. Ok then.
And thanks for the latest quote from the Uber Good Driver manual, we need Uber to be more patronizing.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Never saw that pick up flag before.
I assume everyone has this kind of event. Go to a pick up location that was a range of addresses, I called the pax said I was outside and had my flashers on, and I asked where she was. Now this was the funny part, she said "I'm in the apartment building." That was all she could tell me about her location, no address or building number. I looked down the block and the entire block was lined with apartment builds ... duh

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Why can't we leave flags on riders accounts? Seems like that would be fair. Here's a few I'd like to see. ..

1. So dumb, doesn't know own address.
2. Smells like the inside of a dead skunk.
3. Insisted on worst route available.
4. Orders ride while still in the tub.
5. Can't afford a car seat.
6. Alcoholic.

I could go on and on.
Karen Stein ...proud of her new badge ...lol..

1 - 20 of 94 Posts