Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For me, my thought from them is "I just want a ride and want you to be as quiet as possible and there is no share about it" lol!

What about yall?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I let them sit wherever they want, but do prefer they sit in the back. I even move the front seat up closer to the dashboard so as to (1) discourage front seat use and (2) give them more legroom in the back.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm in the minority. I don't want mine sitting in the back. I want them sitting next to me where I can see everything. One lady asked me if I had a bad experience and asked of that's why I asked my pax to sit up front. I told her it's just a comfort level thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doesn't really matter to me..I had a couple of gals I picked up tonight that sat in the back..When I told them one of them could sit up front they were like,'that's ok we will sit back here'..Which if that's what they want, I am fine..It has so far, been about a 50/50 with riders going in the back seat..I guess they want to feel chauffeured, or have been told before that they HAVE to sit in the back seat..

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
couple of gals I picked up tonight that sat in the back..When I told them one of them could sit up front they were like,'that's ok we will sit back here'....
Ooo ouch, I would never offer the front to a female pax once she was already in back. I'd be afraid she'd get a creepy vibe. I fear no matter how kindly and innocently you offer the front seat; she'll only hear, "hey darlin' why dontcha ride up here with me!"

·
Registered
797 Posts
I let them sit wherever they want, but do prefer they sit in the back. I even move the front seat up closer to the dashboard so as to (1) discourage front seat use and (2) give them more legroom in the back.
This is me. I like my front area space in a not so roomy vehicle. What is funny is to watch people come from the left of the car and walk to the right. I actually get a kick out of it but I see they are placing themselves in conversation (or not)/visual placement... I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I keep a tissue box on my front passenger seat. I've seen a couple pax initially reach for that door, see the box on that seat, then change course and pull open the rear door instead. I'll move the box if they seem intent on sitting up front. Not a big deal to me but, yeah, they also might need to move the seat back. Ive had a few large pax elect to sit up front for obvious comfort reasons.

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's a solo pax the only place I don't like them sitting is directly behind me. It makes me uncomfortable. Anywhere else is fine.
Right on, isn't that weird?, Out of thousands of rides I have only had a few of those.. and they have all had me wondering wtf...why would you sit there lol

·
Banned
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I keep a tissue box on my front passenger seat. I've seen a couple pax initially reach for that door, see the box on that seat, then change course and pull open the rear door instead. I'll move the box if they seem intent on sitting up front. Not a big deal to me but, yeah, they also might need to move the seat back. Ive had a few large pax elect to sit up front for obvious comfort reasons.
Love it, for the bad days I am doing just that. Awesome

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
If it's a solo pax the only place I don't like them sitting is directly behind me. It makes me uncomfortable. Anywhere else is fine.
The Godfather movie has two such scenes like that. First, Paulie the traitorous chauffeur felt uncomfortable at the start of his final trip and asked the guy sitting behind him to slide over, claiming he was blocking his rear view.
Paulie gets shot soon anyway and they "leave the gun, take the cannolis."
Later, Clemenza sits behind Carlo on the passenger side, says "Hello, Carlo," then reaches over the front seat to strangle Carlo.

Happy driving everyone!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Moving the seat forward doesn't work for me; they just get in anyway and then put the seat back. I'm thinking that leaving a damp, stained pair of gym shorts on the front seat may work better. Or maybe fake vomit or dog turd from a joke shop.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts