Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When UberX patron exits house with 5 of her friends in tow. Explain why the law does not permit a driver to carry more passengers than seat belts. Cancel for too many passengers and drive off. I made the mistake of explaining the two extras could order another UberX and travel separately, which they did. "Mean girls" girls get their ride but still ding my rating because I would not break the law. I wonder if Uber would help with my rating? Maybe?

And separately, whats with this patron on the move situation? GPS gives me an address of where the patron is. PAX "decides" to help and walks to the corner of the next block. With the streets full of ubers and the beer googles preventing the PAX from reading what kind of car to look far.... Well... all of you understand.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you cancelled and never started the trip, they didn't "ding" your rating. Ratings can only be given if a trip is started/stopped.
He didn't cancel. He explained that the 5th and 6th passenger needed to order a second car. Which they did. He took 4 of the pax. And he got rating dinged.

Moral of the story: If you are asked to take more than your car capacity, AND IF you care about your rating, don't propose to take some of them and have the rest get a second car. Just cancel and drive on to another ping. IF you don't care about your rating, then may be do what he did.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

So now commonwealth is Latin for "communistwealth?" Just think - we still have people in this state who think that government is not big enough.

I understand the idea of punishing a violation if you see it - but to actively 'stake out' Uber drivers? Really? Our priorities are so out of whack.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Be on the lookout for undercover DMV doing requests. They were in Blacksburg a few weeks ago.
Can you provide more details about what happened ? Sounds like they requested Uber rides. What did the enforcement guys do once the driver arrived to pick up ? Were they DMV employees, policemen, or both on a joint team ?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've been seeing passengers getting out of drivers' trunks up here. And losing tons of fares for canceling the 5+groups. They've become so entitled they expect it now. 9 people came out the other night and we're pissed I wouldn't take them all in my camry.

·
Registered
288 Posts
9 people in a Camry? That would be Uber Clown for sure!
I'm pretty certain that DMV enforcement would be useful in a case like this one. Citizens, even other drivers, can report behavior which is clearly putting people at risk on Virginia roadways. And my head hurts just thinking of the wear and tear on the poor Camry.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I told her she'd have to order 2 more cars, she said she'd ordered xl and could squeeze in 2 extras. We don't have xl. I canceled 3 times. I'm asking the police to right me a fake ticket for too many people in the car. Maybe the idiots who are taking these groups will hear about it and quit. Uber has been useless. Who at the dmv would be able to get enforcement out?

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I've been seeing passengers getting out of drivers' trunks up here. And losing tons of fares for canceling the 5+groups. They've become so entitled they expect it now. 9 people came out the other night and we're pissed I wouldn't take them all in my camry.
I have a kia soul. Got a call one night as I was arriving "Hope that's a big car! There are ABOUT 10 of us." (My emphasis).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I wish there was something we could do to get the drivers who take extras to stop. It's ridiculous how the kids here have been trained to think 5 or 6 is ok

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'll do that IF I can get names and/or license plates. A big problem is that a bunch of the drivers here have cars that hold more than 4 legally but we only have uberx. 2 are driving full sized vans even

1 - 20 of 30 Posts