Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
The second video was funny but the first one? Come on.... Those sort of videos give people the impression they're going to get some skinny white Anglo boy on an uber instead of someone from Lebanon or Africa. You walk into the uber sign up office in Sydney and it feels like you're in the Middle East, Asia or even South America due to the variety of races there with the only whites being behind the counter assisting the new drivers signing up. The reaction of "I donate to world vision" and "why is he laughing" are in bad taste, and also, in my opinion, has the "wogs get home" mentality of the 50's to 80's.
Personally, I have had more trouble with "Aussie" customers (in a variety of services) and taxi drivers than people from over seas.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Dunno.... That first video uber driver was a bit so so...... Hands off the wheel, not focusing on the road. Dude you're there to drive, not 'party' with the white girl you just picked up!

But still funny!!

And does anyone really ask if the pax is ok with the temp, music choices, offer water!?

·
Registered
54 Posts
one should always have a dashcam, one for font and back,
one should also have a flashlight or pepper spray
one should have voice recorder

there is no policy cuz your working as a contractor, therefore any work injury or whatnot is your own problem, so save yourself

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Dunno.... That first video uber driver was a bit so so...... Hands off the wheel, not focusing on the road. Dude you're there to drive, not 'party' with the white girl you just picked up!

But still funny!!

And does anyone really ask if the pax is ok with the temp, music choices, offer water!?
You know my answer is no no no

Well i do ask about the temp on longer trips as my car has dual zone climate

·
Registered
937 Posts
The second video was funny but the first one? Come on.... Those sort of videos give people the impression they're going to get some skinny white Anglo boy on an uber instead of someone from Lebanon or Africa. You walk into the uber sign up office in Sydney and it feels like you're in the Middle East, Asia or even South America due to the variety of races there with the only whites being behind the counter assisting the new drivers signing up. The reaction of "I donate to world vision" and "why is he laughing" are in bad taste, and also, in my opinion, has the "wogs get home" mentality of the 50's to 80's.
Personally, I have had more trouble with "Aussie" customers (in a variety of services) and taxi drivers than people from over seas.
Totally agree. They juxtapose white against everyone else. Really racist and unhelpful. Also not very accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts