Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a lot of NY vehicles in northern jersey last night ..I was out between 10pm-3am ..and it felt like everywhere I turned I saw one. Is NY getting so congested that they are stating to come over into jersey ? Anyone else noticed it ?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Prob EWR new rates and Them taking any which passengers to there NJ destination....then waiting for more pings thinking its the same in the rest of NJ lol just a thought

·
Banned
821 Posts
I know people with NYC TLC plates and they will tell you sometimes its dead in the city. The truth is too many cars over there. There is an Uber or two on nearly every block of Manhattan. A fleet of Suburbans. A fleet of Camries. There are more Uber vehicles than yellow taxis.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
They are in CT too. Doing local runs which is illegal. I'm taking pictures and submitting to TLC so if any of you are reading here, be warned.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Actually UBER itself is not dead and fairs are never dead - the problem is TOO many cars, and TLC UBERS do not help the problem. The demand is the same the supply is too high.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I only see NY TLC Suburbans in New Jersey operating. NY TLC Uberx operate occasionally in Hoboken usually when there is a surge and when no fares over in Manhattan. I do see a few down at the shore but mainly in Suburbans. They never go one line as UberX, but Black Car and SUV. Down the shore I will occasionally see them on the passenger application running all 4 modes.

The MAIN reason why you might see a lot of them is because they live in NJ and they use their NYC TLC vehicle as their main car. Many NYC drivers live in NJ and when they get off work they just use the work vehicle as their personal vehicle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey, if Jersey was allowed to pick in NYC, trust me lower Manhattan would be littered with them. Don't blame City drivers but your politicians that allow it! City UBER is allowed to pick ANYWHERE in the tri-state area... Lobby in your respective areas.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Hey, if Jersey was allowed to pick in NYC, trust me lower Manhattan would be littered with them. Don't blame City drivers but your politicians that allow it! City UBER is allowed to pick ANYWHERE in the tri-state area... Lobby in your respective areas.
I'm afraid you are misinformed sir. TLC drivers can pickup in NJ or CT only if the destination is back to NY, otherwise they are operating illegally per TLC rules and subject to fine and license suspension. Has nothing to do with my politicians.

jpuma1616 I have watched them pickup and drop off locally in stamford and norwalk on multiple occasions taking pax from office to train stations. At first I didnt care, but as I saw it happening more and more every day I am taking a stand as long as I am still driving. It's hard enough to make money doing this crap "job" as it is without losing my fares to those that have no business being here!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm afraid you are misinformed sir. TLC drivers can pickup in NJ or CT only if the destination is back to NY, otherwise they are operating illegally per TLC rules and subject to fine and license suspension. Has nothing to do with my politicians.

jpuma1616 I have watched them pickup and drop off locally in stamford and norwalk on multiple occasions taking pax from office to train stations. At first I didnt care, but as I saw it happening more and more every day I am taking a stand as long as I am still driving. It's hard enough to make money doing this crap "job" as it is without losing my fares to those that have no business being here!
You watched them means you followed them from pickup to drop off??

·
Registered
162 Posts
I noticed a lot of NY vehicles in northern jersey last night ..I was out between 10pm-3am ..and it felt like everywhere I turned I saw one. Is NY getting so congested that they are stating to come over into jersey ? Anyone else noticed it ?
Im from NYC, but I started doing Uber around March when ppl barely knew about it in NNJ. My family is from NNJ so I leave my car there, and take bus back to city since they live close, and dont have to deal with parking, plus I live real close to GWB.
I started doing Uber in NJ because my job started to cut hrs and let go of ppl. I honestly think Uber is a rip off, and ppl who say they do it as a side job are lying to themselves. I would never do something like Uber if I wasn't in need of the money like I am right now, unemployed and dying to find a job where I dont have to spend half my money on gas, maintenance, washing, toll money.
Why I been doing it in NJ simple. I don't want to use my car more than 6 hrs a day. I refuse to turn my car into a legit cab car with all those stupid TLC stickers, plate and medallion. That shit looks so stupid when I see it. Like why get such an expensive car to cab in it and ppl destroy its value? Or how being a cab driver is not a reputable job at all. How much will the IRS give you monthly when you retire?
But yet, I'm doing Uber in Nj because TLC is not require, and I need the money badly. One of the worst things is life is having to do something for money which stresses you, specially when you have a brand new car and ppl think they're entitle to do what they want or get mad when you tell them to please put put food in trunk so your car wont stink at all, or rate you low for that or due to there being a surge.
But, yes even I myself say the same thing. How did all these ppl from NYC find out you could Uber out here. They ****ed up everything. But it was mainly ppl from NJ who screwed themselves sending out invited to ppl just to get 200 bucks back. Luckily, I never told anyone because I knew the moment ppl found out everything was going to go downhill, and that's exactly what happened thanks to ppl and their greed.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I only see NY TLC Suburbans in New Jersey operating. NY TLC Uberx operate occasionally in Hoboken usually when there is a surge and when no fares over in Manhattan. I do see a few down at the shore but mainly in Suburbans. They never go one line as UberX, but Black Car and SUV. Down the shore I will occasionally see them on the passenger application running all 4 modes.

The MAIN reason why you might see a lot of them is because they live in NJ and they use their NYC TLC vehicle as their main car. Many NYC drivers live in NJ and when they get off work they just use the work vehicle as their personal vehicle.
This^

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Im from NYC, but I started doing Uber around March when ppl barely knew about it in NNJ. My family is from NNJ so I leave my car there, and take bus back to city since they live close, and dont have to deal with parking, plus I live real close to GWB.
I started doing Uber in NJ because my job started to cut hrs and let go of ppl. I honestly think Uber is a rip off, and ppl who say they do it as a side job are lying to themselves. I would never do something like Uber if I wasn't in need of the money like I am right now, unemployed and dying to find a job where I dont have to spend half my money on gas, maintenance, washing, toll money.
Why I been doing it in NJ simple. I don't want to use my car more than 6 hrs a day. I refuse to turn my car into a legit cab car with all those stupid TLC stickers, plate and medallion. That shit looks so stupid when I see it. Like why get such an expensive car to cab in it and ppl destroy its value? Or how being a cab driver is not a reputable job at all. How much will the IRS give you monthly when you retire?
But yet, I'm doing Uber in Nj because TLC is not require, and I need the money badly. One of the worst things is life is having to do something for money which stresses you, specially when you have a brand new car and ppl think they're entitle to do what they want or get mad when you tell them to please put put food in trunk so your car wont stink at all, or rate you low for that or due to there being a surge.
But, yes even I myself say the same thing. How did all these ppl from NYC find out you could Uber out here. They ****ed up everything. But it was mainly ppl from NJ who screwed themselves sending out invited to ppl just to get 200 bucks back. Luckily, I never told anyone because I knew the moment ppl found out everything was going to go downhill, and that's exactly what happened thanks to ppl and their greed.
WTF are you talking about???!!!??

The NYC drivers are legit TLC drivers with TLC plates and commercial insurance.

You are talking like Joe Blow off the street from NYC is driving in NJ. Someone who got some stupid code.

Trust me NYC TLC drivers like NYC. The rate in NJ is not that great.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hi, can you explain WHY city Uber is ALOWED to pick up in other states/cities and NOT the other way around. Is TLC pays something to this states???? What is the deal!!!! Is like you are my neighbor and you can eat in my house anytime you want but I CAN T eat never at yours. Please somebody explain.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts