Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked the core drunk hours Friday and Sunday nights, the surges were better than expected, and every pickup was local, based on the Strip a mile from my house. Used destination discrimination as necessary to ensure I wasn't getting dragged out to nowheresville.

Had one mishap, distractions at a pickup led to 4 girls in the back, plus the guy up front. Took me about a minute to notice; ended the trip immediately and out on the sidewalk they went. They were quite pissed, cash offers, how can you do this, you're stealing our money etc etc. Told them to take it up with Uber, but it is non-negotiable. I reported them and so far have not been docked by Uber. It's the first time I've mis-stepped like that in years; I must be more vigilant.

Couple of other typical little quirks, but all in all one of my better weekends.
So just wanted to humblebrag a bit, because I know that's so appreciated here :)
Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Circle

241 online miles.

Hope you all had a successful holiday weekend too, & a Happy Fourth to all!

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Worked the core drunk hours Friday and Sunday nights, the surges were better than expected, and every pickup was local, based on the Strip a mile from my house. Used destination discrimination as necessary to ensure I wasn't getting dragged out to nowheresville.

Had one mishap, distractions at a pickup led to 4 girls in the back, plus the guy up front. Took me about a minute to notice; ended the trip immediately and out on the sidewalk they went. They were quite pissed, cash offers, how can you do this, you're stealing our money etc etc. Told them to take it up with Uber, but it is non-negotiable. I reported them and so far have not been docked by Uber. It's the first time I've mis-stepped like that in years; I must be more vigilant.

Couple of other typical little quirks, but all in all one of my better weekends.
So just wanted to humblebrag a bit, because I know that's so appreciated here :)
View attachment 666314

241 online miles.

Hope you all had a successful holiday weekend too, & a Happy Fourth to all!
In by 12
Font Circle Electric blue Parallel Brand

·
Super Moderator
8,662 Posts
Yes, I'm UberX, limit 4 pax.

Some riders don't want to believe me when I tell them 4 max is non-negotiable. Sorry pal, I will not assume the liability for your poor planning.
More than the liability (Ubers insurance HAS to pay wether you violate TOS or not) is the seatbelt fines. In most states pax must be in a seatbelt or fines for the driver and points on your license If you get pulled over or in an accident.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More than the liability (Ubers insurance HAS to pay wether you violate TOS or not) is the seatbelt fines. In most states pax must be in a seatbelt or fines for the driver and points on your license If you get pulled over or in an accident.
I'm in the last state without a seat belt law. Passengers rarely wear one.
But I'm still not going to exceed the Uber pax limit. Not up for testing those waters over a few lousy bucks.
Even with the TNC rider on my personal policy, still not gonna go there. It's just not worth the extra aggravation if something goes wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts