Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have searched everywhere I know to search and have not been able to find this. I am a Virginia driver compliant with all of the recent Virginia registration/insurance changes. Can I pickup legally in DC? Can I pick up legally in MD? Does anyone know of a resource that is a definitive list of where a VA drive can and cannot pick up?

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
If you are registered in the DC market, which Im sure you are, you can pick up anywhere in MARYLAND , DC, or northern VIRGINIA.
Just note its different rates in different parts of MD

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you're registered with Uber for the Virginia market (Richmond, Charlottesville, Norfolk, etc.) you can pick up anywhere in Virginia or DC - but NOT Maryland.

I live in Richmond and once had both a Virginia and a DC Uber driver account, but I rarely make it up to DC anymore. When I do,
I can use my Virginia account but can't get pings in Maryland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I registered in VA market, and I had a ride from Dulles to Baltimore and got pings so I think VA is DC, MD, and VA. I was also able to drive in Ocean City

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am registered in the DC market with a VA car and I regularly get pings in Maryland as well as DC and VA. My understanding is that a northern VA account works anywhere in MD or VA. I haven't fully tested it but I have tried it in the outskirts of Baltimore and in Williamsburg when I was there for other business and I was able to get pings.

I think a car registered in MD for the DC area can pick up anywhere in metro DC (all 3 states) or elsewhere in MD but not in greater VA, a car registered in DC can pick up only in metro DC (all 3 jurisdictions) and a car registered in non-DC parts of VA can pick up in VA or DC but not MD. I would suspect following this logic that a car registered in non-DC areas of MD can probably pick up in the MD burbs and DC but not VA. Anyone know if I have it right?

It seems northern VA is an advantageous location to be registered in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. I do receive MD pings if I get close enough. I'm just not clear if I'm legal to pick them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts