Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your patience with my noob questions.

Hubster is driving tonight for the first time. He called and asked if I could look up the policies on the following situations he's encountered.

He was doing the bar hop trips tonight and two different times, the bigger parties would summon him, and then keep him waiting for almost 10 minutes while they straggled out. Does he have to wait those 10 minutes on his own time or can he start the clock? In both cases, one member of the party came out and said "Just a second, they're still coming..."

Secondly, he ran into a situation where someone booked an UberX bu when he arrived, they were a party of 7. We have a van so he could legally and safely fit everyone, but how do you handle telling those parties that they need to pony up the right fare? This same party also opened the car door while in the road (they didn't want to wait so at a stop they just jumped out) and started unloading in the middle of the street, and also damaging our car in their impatience. Is this a good reason to report a serious rider concern?

Thank you!!

Jen

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
1. wait 5min then cancel. Collect Rider no show fee. Never wait more then 6min.

2. If you have a van that fits more then 4 riders, then you should be in UberXL. Uber needs to fix it.

3. If customer did damage, take pics and send to uber. In app there is an option for clean up fee, use it to report damage. You will need to go to dealers body shop and get a repair estimate. Uber will send you paper work to fill out. Uber will need a copy of your insurance policy that shows "collision" coverage.... so you better have it. IF you dont have "collision" coverage, then there is $1,000 deductible. Uber will match your collision coverage + $250 from pax...ymmv. Uber will call you and explain it to you in detail when you submit all the paper work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you KGB7!

We are an Uber XL but we also get UberX fares --it's like we're in both categories. Is that not the way it should be? The other big party did request and pay as an XL, but these jerks requested an X.

We are going to fill out a damage report--we just wondered if we should also fill out the "serious rider concern" form given the overloading cars and the jumping out in traffic habits.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yes, fill out rider concern while you at it. Uber will send you a standard cookie paste email. Reply back with your concerns, and email will get escalated to some one in upper level. Keep the pressure on in the email, but be polite.

As soon as you accept a ping, open waybill in the app, and you will see if you have accepted UberX or UberXL. You have 15sec to cancel if you dont want to drive customer at UberX rates.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Remember; according to Uber, you are independent contractor, so you can cancel or refuse service for any reason at any time and you dont have to give a reason to a customer. Your car, your rules.

Reactions: tmwinaz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, very much. I will send this to him right now for reference the rest of the evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I should have made the profile for this site me (Jen) instead of him, because he probably won't be ever actually using it but instead asking me to LOL

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Uber will always tell you; "if you dont feel comfortable, then you dont have to do it".

Translation; "kick customer to the curb at will".

Reactions: YouWishYouKnewMe

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
LOL. I

LOL. Our "real" job is that we own a Collision Shop so we can probably fix it, but it still sucks to incur cost because of someone else's stupidity. Glad to know how it's handled. Thanks!
Always take it to dealers shop;

1. You as shop owner = conflict of interest.
2. Dealers body shop will give you higher $$ estimate, which is better for you and possibly more money for you.
3. Dont ever tell Uber that you own a car body shop... ever. Use Dealer for repair estimate.
4. what you do or how you use the money that Uber might give you, is no once business. So keep your mouth shut when talking to Uber.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Can you tell me why that would be a problem that our regular job is that we're a shop?
Because you might wright up a higher $ estimate to benefit you. Thus it will look like you are trying to "scam" Ubers insurance and customer. = Conflict of interest.

You might be an honest person, but there are 7Billion people on this planet, and 10% of them are scammers.

Reactions: WaywerdSon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I get that for repairing our own vehicle...I more wondered about the "don't tell them ever..." like there was some inherent conflict even when not dealing with vehicle damage.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Oh I get that for repairing our own vehicle...I more wondered about the "don't tell them ever..." like there was some inherent conflict even when not dealing with vehicle damage.
Dont ever tell them, because then they will record it and put it on record , in to a file for future use to use it against you as they see fit to benefit them... for any reason that you might not foresee.

The less they know about you and your life, the better.

Protect your self at all times by giving them as little info as possible in the long run. As far as Uber knows, Uber is your only source of income.

Not trying to scare you, just trying to give you a solid advice to protect you at all times.

You wouldnt give your Social to random person, so dont give Uber more then they need to know.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Just as a reminder, it has been highly suspected that Uber employees read these forums as well.
Hell will freeze over if they listen and learn everything has been said here so far.

·
Registered
344 Posts
He was doing the bar hop trips tonight and two different times, the bigger parties would summon him, and then keep him waiting for almost 10 minutes while they straggled out. Does he have to wait those 10 minutes on his own time or can he start the clock? In both cases, one member of the party came out and said "Just a second, they're still coming..."
If they put an 'anchor passenger' in the car to hold him there, he can and should definitely start the trip so he can get paid for waiting. My trips start when the doors open and end when they close once the people are out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts