Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you complaint to IPCC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
yes operation neon was a TFL timed response to the UCG demo. yes we all saw it for what it was. yes this kind of enforcement was long over due and should not have been condensed into a short lived political act. yes there should be no need to have this monitored by taxi orgs. yes 47 cases of touting is 47 cases too many. these journeys would have been uninsured with absolutely no record of the passengers whereabouts.

i have to say all the figures quoted justify the need for compliance teams on the road. i personally have noticed a huge drop in minicabs hanging up on mayfair ranks. we can now be seen on the charing x rd rank without a line of minicabs in front. occasionally we can also use the bus lane by swallow st. my hippocampus isn't what it once was but i seem to remember the stat of after only 4 days into operation neon there were more than 300 PH drivers reported for failing to comply with license regs?

i think it's fair that the presence of taxi orgs be questioned but without them i'm sure the figures would be far less. if you feel that strongly then insist on PH also having a presence.

·
Premium Member
8,056 Posts
yes operation neon was a TFL timed response to the UCG demo. yes we all saw it for what it was. yes this kind of enforcement was long over due and should not have been condensed into a short lived political act. yes there should be no need to have this monitored by taxi orgs. yes 47 cases of touting is 47 cases too many. these journeys would have been uninsured with absolutely no record of the passengers whereabouts.

i have to say all the figures quoted justify the need for compliance teams on the road. i personally have noticed a huge drop in minicabs hanging up on mayfair ranks. we can now be seen on the charing x rd rank without a line of minicabs in front. occasionally we can also use the bus lane by swallow st. my hippocampus isn't what it once was but i seem to remember the stat of after only 4 days into operation neon there were more than 300 PH drivers reported for failing to comply with license regs?

i think it's fair that the presence of taxi orgs be questioned but without them i'm sure the figures would be far less. if you feel that strongly then insist on PH also having a presence.
Agree. Many PH drivers r tailoring their own law and setting rules for their own work which brought PH trade bad name.

But at the same time during the day black cabbies should follow rules and regulation as well....U turns without indication and where banned, pick ups and drops at very unusual spots, ....and many more.

Point is to work alongside without under cutting prices.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
yes like having the license in the arm rest instead of wearing it and get a warning and they note that as having dealt with a pco driver and all the taxi drivers are happ what a joke.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Very simple solution would be to wear it if that's the requirement. I once saw a cabbie moaning cause he'd been pulled twice in a short time in almost the same place. 1st time they let him off for not wearing it. 2nd time the said they'd report him. I had no sympathy as he was obviously an idiot.
The joke is not following is a very simple requirement like that. Especially after a taxi demo.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I only speak for me ..... but I've never had any problem from either the Police of any TFL officials apart from a moaning Bus Inspector at Archway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts