Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a little time off. Last night when I was looking at my earnings I saw that my four dollar rides I was only netting $2.40. Is over now taking a dollar right off the top this means on fares under $10 they're taking 30 to 40% unbelievable.
I wrote Huber support and they denied this but when I go to earnings on the dashboard it's clear as day.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Daing, another wave of new drivers comes rolling in. Search function is great here. It was NEVER your dollar.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I took a little time off. Last night when I was looking at my earnings I saw that my four dollar rides I was only netting $2.40. Is over now taking a dollar right off the top this means on fares under $10 they're taking 30 to 40% unbelievable.
I wrote Huber support and they denied this but when I go to earnings on the dashboard it's clear as day.
Hmmm, Ive never heard of this.

You should check out the rest of the forum to see if this has ever been brought up before. Maybe its just you!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ohh..what the hell. Let's discuss is it again. Since the transaction is between driver and pax, and uber just provides the technology and insurance. Then, yes, they are taking 30 to 40 percent of the fare. Your fare...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ohh..what the hell. Let's discuss is it again. Since the transaction is between driver and pax, and uber just provides the technology and insurance. Then, yes, they are taking 30 to 40 percent of the fare. Your fare...
Well unlike most, I read this place for a few weeks before driving and then another month before posting. I knew about the SFR so I never considered it my dollar. Now if I had no freekin clue about the SFR before driving and wanted to find the SFR as a reason to knock UBER I would be looking for a new job on day one. YMMV Kind of like some recent drivers should who were suprised to find out they were being charged 28% for XL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eric, when I started w Uber, I thought that it was a $4.00 NET. I complained to Uber, too. They never explained how they came up with the amount. Here is how it works: $4.00 Minimum. Subtract their Safe Rider Fare of $1.00, then subtract the 20% they take as their commission. $4.00-$1.00=$3.00, - $.60 (20%) = $2.40. Yeah, you might as well just stay in bed.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Well unlike most, I read this place for a few weeks before driving and then another month before posting. I knew about the SFR so I never considered it my dollar. Now if I had no freekin clue about the SFR before driving and wanted to find the SFR as a reason to knock UBER I would be looking for a new job on day one. YMMV Kind of like some recent drivers should who were suprised to find out they were being charged 28% for XL.
Well, that's really good that you've done your homework, but unlike you I didn't have that luxury , UPN wasn't anywhere around when I
started ubering.
And going back to the topic SRF was ours to keep and OP said he took some time off ( if sometime is 14 months, he has every right to be angry).
Note. TCP uber Xs were given additional $.80

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Prudence knows what I'm talking about. For the first year appliers you're not getting a dollar taken off your gross plus commission you're lucky. Is this a mistake?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Well, that's really good that you've done your homework, but unlike you I didn't have that luxury , UPN wasn't anywhere around when I
started ubering.
And going back to the topic SRF was ours to keep and OP said he took some time off ( if sometime is 14 months, he has every right to be angry).
I think it was he took some time off during a shift, and checked how much he was raking in. I believe if he would have been gone 14 months he would have posted "how long before I get reactiviated"?
Yeah thank goodness for this place. I only figured out later it had only started a month before I started reading. So when the first pay cut came one week in I was prepared. And already knew the SFR was not mine. Shit even for the second paycut I was somewhat prepared. Thanks to the founders indeed.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeah...I did the same....looking back, 5 months was too long to wait to post and even when I started posting I limited it to technical posts relating to the app. Never crossed my mind some of these folks would end up being my friends. Anyway, I remember wanting to discuss somthing that was well covered but still wanted to talk about it...just cuz. So, while it would be nice if new guys searched before posting questions...sometimes it's good to ***** to others in the same boat. It's not just about data, uber can be frustrating to deal with.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
started ubering.
Lifesaver for me...bet I read almost every post of every thread before I started. Came in, eyes wide open and pissed, no water and ready to eject pax by the 1/2 dozen.. So it was a pleasant surprise that they actually paid me close to what they owed the first week in fares...wouldn't trust'em with with more than $100 in fuel and built up from there. I'll still have to go take a computer or something from the local office for the couple driver referrals they never paid me, but I learned what to trust them on...nothing. Keep accurate logs

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tonight was the first time I noticed that I was only getting $2.40 as well. Wtf!???? That's the stupidest thing. Glad I got offered a job today. I had REALLY wanted this to work but I see now why a majority of forum drivers are so negative. It has been a total downhill slide from when I started in January.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SRF: I know I am asking the obvious, but why the heck do we as drivers absorb the SRF?
Was there ever a time that Uber paid for it?
It seems absurd to me that WE must take that hit.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
SRF: I know I am asking the obvious, but why the heck do we as drivers absorb the SRF?
Was there ever a time that Uber paid for it?
It seems absurd to me that WE must take that hit.
Here is a 14 moths old email
Safe Rides and Commissions Update
Dear......,

As we enter spring, we'd like to update you on the state of the uberX ecosystem and tell you about a few changes we're making to ensure we keep the product strong:

• We reduced prices and Uber's fee for early 2014 and boosted demand more than we expected -- earnings are higher than the typical December peaks and drivers are busier than ever
  • We are bringing back Uber's standard 20% fee starting 4/23/14 for uberX
  • To ease the transition to standard commission rates, we are introducing a $1/trip incentive from today through the end of the summer. This will be paid as a miscellaneous payment at the end of every week
  • We are adding a $1 Safe Rides Fee, paid for by riders. For ridesharing partners, Uber will collect the full $1 fee. Livery partners who already subsidize safety and compliance measures by being licensed will receive an additional 80 cents/trip. This has no effect on your earnings
Earnings Higher Than Ever
2014 has already been quite an exciting year for Uber and our partners. In January, to combat the usual winter slump and dip in earnings, we lowered prices and drastically reduced Uber's fee from 20% to only 5%. With lower prices, Uber saw a major boost in demand while our partners experienced a huge increase in the number of trips per hour. These new prices made the usually slow winter months super busy, and very profitable for partners, well above even the December holiday season peak!

Unfortunately, the winter fee reduction meant that Uber was losing money on every trip - credit card charges alone are 3%. So as we head into the busier spring, it is time that Uber's fee goes back to our standard 20% rate.

The good news is that partners have been doing so many trips per hour at the new prices that even after this change, partners will be making more earnings than even during the December peak. This level of earnings on uberX will continue to be the highest in the industry.

That being said, we recognize the fee increase is sizable. In order to ease this transition, Uber will be adding a $1 per trip to your payment statement through August 31st. For example, a driver who does 50 trips per week will make an additional $50 in trip incentive for that week. The effective minimum fare during this period will be $4
Introducing a Safe Rides Fee on uberX
Starting today, we'll showcase our continued commitment to safety with a dedicated $1 Safe Rides Fee, paid for by riders. For complete pricing transparency, riders will see this as a separate line item on every receipt.

This Safe Ride Fee supports our continued efforts to ensure the safest possible platform for Uber riders and drivers, including:

●Background Checks: The strictest process in the industry, including county, federal, and multi-state criminal checks
●Ongoing Safety Monitoring: Regular motor vehicle record checks.
●Education: Driver safety education for all Uber partner drivers.
●Insurance: Commercial insurance for ridesharing
●Safety Features: Constant development of new safety features for the Uber app.

For now, the Safe Ride Fee will be included in the fare displayed at the end of a trip, but will not appear on the weekly payment statement. A sample trip fare calculation as of April 23rd is below.

Thank You
We want to thank you for your continued partnership. We will be working every day to grow demand, increase your earnings, and ensure uberX remains the best and safest driving platform. We're always open to feedback from our partners; please let us know if you have any questions.

Uber On

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That 1$ might be the safety rider fee have u looked into that. I also did a trip for 25.45$ all I got was 17.22$ they took more then 20%. Which sucks it's not like we make a lot anyway

·
Registered
165 Posts
Of the many things that bother me about working for this company, this one is right up there in the top three. They take anywhere from a quarter to a third of the fare, especially when the fare amount is on the lower end as most of the uberX fares are.
On an average fare of $9, the P2P uberX drivers are paying 29% to uber. I assume the incentive is long gone. I really think there is a good upside going TCP for a full timer. If I do 5000 trips averaging $9 in a given year, I would save about $4K. I really wouldn't pocket all of it as I would ve to get commercial insurance and licenses. But I ll be in a much better shape when the inevitable incident occurs in any phase of driving.
That 1$ might be the safety rider fee have u looked into that. I also did a trip for 25.45$ all I got was 17.22$ they took more then 20%. Which sucks it's not like we make a lot anyway
This! yeah, that's NOT 20%. It's 32.3%. Probably your fare got adjusted for inefficient route or some BS. Honestly, I can't drive for this company. Just too many opportunity to nickel and dime a driver to death. No, thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts