1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Reactions: Ghwwe72

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
$1468 costing 75 is ok. But with a hybrid you can do that with less then $50. The savings add up over time. I will probably be around $50 in gas this week and make significantly more than $1500. Buying a hybrid is the best decision I’ve made doing this job.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I would think that most of the local full-time drivers are well over 2k this week. Every single night and early morning that I drove was very busy + over $300 in Uber incentive money.

Also, my Prius battery is starting to slowly die and I'm at 180k. It's gone from 52mpg to 48mpg in the past 2 months - not a big deal, but it's obviously not going to make it to 250k.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
$1468 costing 75 is ok. But with a hybrid you can do that with less then $50. The savings add up over time. I will probably be around $50 in gas this week and make significantly more than $1500. Buying a hybrid is the best decision I've made doing this job.
And my car has 160k and is only worth 5k. So it would take a long time to make up saving 25-50 bucks a week in gas costs to make up for the cost of a new car. But you go bragging about the new hybrid you bought.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Problem is range though. Not hard to do 300 miles during a long shift.
yes hardcore drivers can go well-exceed 300 miles per day.

I would think that most of the local full-time drivers are well over 2k this week. Every single night and early morning that I drove was very busy + over $300 in Uber incentive money.

Also, my Prius battery is starting to slowly die and I'm at 180k. It's gone from 52mpg to 48mpg in the past 2 months - not a big deal, but it's obviously not going to make it to 250k.
by next year, your prius will hit 250k. since you are one of those hardcore drivers, you will have to buy a new car every 4-5 years.

wasting my precious time with food delivery orders making minuscule wages . I cannot do rideshare at this moment until my checkr background clears in November. plus, i don't want to work for someone's else (company or restaurant), so i might as well grind my ass for the time being.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have a 4 cylinder car and you take care of it , it will do alright in miles , I had a hybrid and the problem I have with it is that you have 4 different parts that cost more than $1000 on it not only the battery , and if you have a check engine light with anything regarding electrical system it is hard to find knowledgeable mechanic that can help you , and much more expensive than your regular car .

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
And my car has 160k and is only worth 5k. So it would take a long time to make up saving 25-50 bucks a week in gas costs to make up for the cost of a new car. But you go bragging about the new hybrid you bought.
Yeah but you are approaching a point in mileage and usage where maintenance costs will go up quite a bit. A new car is more upfront money but you make up for it in maintenance gas and comfort over time. The investment is well worth it for full time drivers if you can afford it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts