Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a rider complain that using an alternate route that avoids the major toll highways is too long or something of the sort? today i had a guy deliberately tell me to go through the 895 tunnel and he didn't have toll money?!?! like am i supposed to pay for that??? so on the next ride i used another route that took 8 minutes longer but i made sure to tell the lady that we were avoiding tolls. she said it was fine. just curious to see what others have done in a similar situation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Get an EZpass. Then always e-mail Uber after the trip to make sure the toll is reimbursed on your fare - it's usually a 50/50 as if it is or not, but they are always good about adjusting it. We shouldn't be asking pax for toll money. Sometimes pax specifically WANT to go through 895 / 95 and sometimes they don't. If they don't say otherwise, I always take the tunnels because it's usually faster time and more mileage.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
No, Uber should automatically add the toll to the fare. You the driver should cover this, not passenger. You don't get reimbursed unless you have an active fare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i always take the tunnels if they're the fastest route and the pax is cool with it. i have an ez-pass and several pax have been surprised and thankful that i do. apparently it's not that common in spite of being basically free. in my experience it's 50/50 whether uber automatically credits the toll. in every case they didn't, they did so promptly after emailing them about it. as an added bonus, uber reimburses you the cash rate so you pocket the ez-pass savings. get an ez-pass!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts