Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked at a spot where it says 4pm - midnight For hire vehicles only All Days. Is this a special relief stand. Avoided manhattan all day until now so just left car to grab dinner...
Just curious what this is

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I parked at a spot where it says 4pm - midnight For hire vehicles only All Days. Is this a special relief stand. Avoided manhattan all day until now so just left car to grab dinner...
Just curious what this is
i think that is not a FHV relief stand but FHV stand (similar to taxi stand in front of penn etc). those you cannot leave vehicle.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Why would a FHV stand there? Unlike taxis they can't pickup street hails.
they are all over the place. they were saved for pick ups around business (not many though) it is from time before uber at certain locations and times you used to have FHVs parked around the block waiting for pickup, there used to more especially around financial district and midtown. they added 60,000 car and then reduced the number of spots where we can park hurrah for the city. this one on riverside blvd

Building Property Window Plant Vehicle

ok found the 43rd street one

Fixture Material property Composite material Building Gas

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are all over the place. they were saved for pick ups around business (not many though) it is from time before uber at certain locations and times you used to have FHVs parked around the block waiting for pickup, there used to more especially around financial district and midtown. they added 60,000 car and then reduced the number of spots where we can park hurrah for the city. this one on riverside blvd

View attachment 231063

ok found the 43rd street one

View attachment 231069
Yes that's the one I am referring to, but as I read it it seems like we can leave the car unoccupied which i did for 2 hours and no ticket. Also a car w regular plates and no placards was there and no ticket either Although it was Sunday even though sign says ALL DAYS.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Yes that's the one I am referring to, but as I read it it seems like we can leave the car unoccupied which i did for 2 hours and no ticket. Also a car w regular plates and no placards was there and no ticket either Although it was Sunday even though sign says ALL DAYS.
I was told we couldn't leave the car by a traffic agent. But I have left it many times with nothing happening so maybe the agent was being a pain in the butt.

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
Sometimes you just get lucky for not getting a ticket and if it's illegal to park there it doesn't mean you will always not get one. BTW it doesn't say if it's for standing or parking but 8 hr free parking in Manhattan seems unreal to me. Where on 43rd st is it? Because my nap layer doesn't show me one on 43rd.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts