Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving for two days this week and netting a whole $90 (thanks for stealing my PAX again Choochie lol) I was planning on driving the late shift on Saturday night (driving to the bars... not the puke shift when bars close). Well, I have been guilty of saying that there were "20" cars in the city, but that was more exasperation and tongue and cheek. Well, this time it was for real. There were at least 20 cars driving around the city. As I am trying to be a glass is half full guy, this means that:

A) the kids aren't all back yet (although the athletics seem to be back in pre season form)
B) the influx of drivers that I am hoping are college kids returning home from the summer haven't gone back yet.

Boy, was that a let down. Next weekend, my wife and kids are heading down to FLA, so I figure I will try again. If there is any regulation at all by the state, I would hope that it would be limiting the amount of UBERers driving around the city. There is no way that by (what it appears as to me at least), UBER trying to protect or grow the market share by preventing surges is going to work long term. In the short term, yes it may, but when they realize that their policies are so lax, and every Tom, Dick or Harry with 4 wheels is now driving people around under their name. They really seem like they are trying like hell to drum up business and dump it before they have to deal with the inevitable fallout....

W2W

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
After driving for two days this week and netting a whole $90 (thanks for stealing my PAX again Choochie lol) I was planning on driving the late shift on Saturday night (driving to the bars... not the puke shift when bars close). Well, I have been guilty of saying that there were "20" cars in the city, but that was more exasperation and tongue and cheek. Well, this time it was for real. There were at least 20 cars driving around the city. As I am trying to be a glass is half full guy, this means that:

A) the kids aren't all back yet (although the athletics seem to be back in pre season form)
B) the influx of drivers that I am hoping are college kids returning home from the summer haven't gone back yet.

Boy, was that a let down. Next weekend, my wife and kids are heading down to FLA, so I figure I will try again. If there is any regulation at all by the state, I would hope that it would be limiting the amount of UBERers driving around the city. There is no way that by (what it appears as to me at least), UBER trying to protect or grow the market share by preventing surges is going to work long term. In the short term, yes it may, but when they realize that their policies are so lax, and every Tom, Dick or Harry with 4 wheels is now driving people around under their name. They really seem like they are trying like hell to drum up business and dump it before they have to deal with the inevitable fallout....

W2W
Well said w2w, I picked up a nice ride on Saturday afternoon late after working my main. This ride was great $20+ and $5 to boot. I was right down the street and it wasn't very far to my residence and I did not get another ping within an hour so I bailed, like always. I was curious to know if it was busy this weekend with the festival and all of the end of summer activities. I was too busy with the main bz and kicking back to go out today.
I can't imagine a surge anytime soon.
I am getting that the longest person on line will get the ping first. So there. I noticed once I get started they will come fairly steady although not with the slightest quickness as before, but I don't dare shut it off or I will wait a lot longer to get a ping it seems, then if I leave it on. Just seems that way.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Just looked right now and counted 30 cars in worcester. I would laugh but it just isnt funny anymore.
Hey I turned on the app today and saw the same. Left it on for 1.5 hrs and no ping- I went home after the first 1/2 hr after seeing all the cars but didn't want to put dead miles so went home, away from all the drivers and still no ping. Turned it off. I don't see it getting better until after Labor Day if then.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It really makes you wonder how any of these people can be surviving if they sit around in their cars all day for a couple pings. The rides in worcester tend to be short 7$net avg. Anyways. How much money can anyone really be making? I thought the slow summer would only serve to lower the number of cars driving as drivers would quit because of the low earnings. But alas, it seems the opposite is true and someone is making bank on that whopping $10 driver referal bonus. That should be clue enough to these people that boston pays a $300 referal and worcester pays a token $10. Gee i wonder where drivers are needed more.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It really makes you wonder how any of these people can be surviving if they sit around in their cars all day for a couple pings. The rides in worcester tend to be short 7$net avg. Anyways. How much money can anyone really be making? I thought the slow summer would only serve to lower the number of cars driving as drivers would quit because of the low earnings. But alas, it seems the opposite is true and someone is making bank on that whopping $10 driver referal bonus. That should be clue enough to these people that boston pays a $300 referal and worcester pays a token $10. Gee i wonder where drivers are needed more.
Where did you see that? On my app it says $100 driver referral.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh, look at that i hadnt been on in a while and i know in june it was lowered to 10$. Probably didnt want to discourage any new hires into immediately quitting over the slow summer. I guess they need more drivers to handle the crazy demand coming our way :)
boston is still 300 though.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Oh, look at that i hadnt been on in a while and i know in june it was lowered to 10$. Probably didnt want to discourage any new hires into immediately quitting over the slow summer. I guess they need more drivers to handle the crazy demand coming our way :)
boston is still 300 though.
The $10 was for rider referrals good until August 18th. I remember getting the $300 driver referral which was on the app but I think that went away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have all but stopped driving in Worcester the last 2 months. If I do, I make a trip through the city on my way into Boston where I can average $140 in 6 hrs driving. Not great money, but it's better than Worcester.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts