Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
658 Posts
Where do these drivers go? I didn't even bother to wait in airport. Pick up pool from east Boston and they added second one right away. What a stupid decision, one pax to Cambridge other one to Allston, 40 minutes ride with 14 miles only $21 with the toll.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I did my first pickups today. I did one on my way in the city jsut to get a feel for the process/locations. happened to get 2 fares in the day to logan so I did the other pickups after dropping them off. I didn't have to wait once for a pickup. I do uberx/pool no Xl. There were a ton of xl drivers sitting around but pretty much every small vehicle I saw just got their tickets and rolled right to the pickup area. I found the easiest way for me to find the tnc lot is to follo the signs for "rental cars".

Is it true that fares from logan are only .90 a mile for uberx?

Reactions: Kidcuban

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
I did my first pickups today. I did one on my way in the city jsut to get a feel for the process/locations. happened to get 2 fares in the day to logan so I did the other pickups after dropping them off. I didn't have to wait once for a pickup. I do uberx/pool no Xl. There were a ton of xl drivers sitting around but pretty much every small vehicle I saw just got their tickets and rolled right to the pickup area. I found the easiest way for me to find the tnc lot is to follo the signs for "rental cars".

Is it true that fares from logan are only .90 a mile for uberx?
There were times, on what should be a busy Thursday night, that 68 or so cars were listed just in the Lyft app! Not sure about the Uber total.

I went about 11:30 p.m., and like the previous night at that time, it was in and out...this time to Jones Hill in Dot, my app reading $16+. Worth it? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
can anyone confirm the rates for logan pickups, are they normal (other tha no surge) or .90 a mile?

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Registered
869 Posts
Where do these drivers go? I didn't even bother to wait in airport. Pick up pool from east Boston and they added second one right away. What a stupid decision, one pax to Cambridge other one to Allston, 40 minutes ride with 14 miles only $21 with the toll.
Pools at airport and no tips, people have money to vacation and don't haven't changes for tip and use pool?? This is really hurt us driver doing lot for passenger but not really satisfaction with pay. I have passenger from airport in rush hour. She like 50 years old and living right in downtown Boston. Her rating was like 4.1 and i know that not going to be good. But i have no choice because the system set to pick up at the tnc. So then she started to direct me her way back to boston and keep on complaint that this way is faster and we uber driver was lucky that we can pick up at airport. It was like 20 minutes drive and fair was $10 and no tipping consider she super rich. Sorru to bring this up driver but we have to deal this everyday

·
Registered
793 Posts
This is really hurt us driver doing lot for passenger but not really satisfaction with pay.
And how is this different from everyday life as a driver? Just joking around, but it's true!

So I'm a relatively new driver on Lyft and drove two full days in Boston this week. While I certainly understand why everyone is making fun of the long line at Logan, I had two drop-offs at Logan this week and after I dropped them off I checked the number of Lyft drivers waiting in line for pick-ups and one time it was 12 and the other time it was 27. I can't imagine the wait time being too long and if I already had my DPU Certificate I would have joined the line because it sure would have been nice to pick up a near-immediate fare than head somewhere else and wait.

No way I'd stick around when the queue is long, but why not when it is short?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
I guess this guy didn't get the memo!
Ecoregion Map World Font Line

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess this guy didn't get the memo!
View attachment 105377
Honestly I think it always says at least 1 in queue, no matter what.

And how is this different from everyday life as a driver? Just joking around, but it's true!

So I'm a relatively new driver on Lyft and drove two full days in Boston this week. While I certainly understand why everyone is making fun of the long line at Logan, I had two drop-offs at Logan this week and after I dropped them off I checked the number of Lyft drivers waiting in line for pick-ups and one time it was 12 and the other time it was 27. I can't imagine the wait time being too long and if I already had my DPU Certificate I would have joined the line because it sure would have been nice to pick up a near-immediate fare than head somewhere else and wait.

No way I'd stick around when the queue is long, but why not when it is short?
12, if the rest of Boston wasn't surging, I'd probably hop in line. Less than a 10 minute wait most likely, though Lyft will be longer than Uber.

There was another thread where someone was able to set the destination filter for Worcester after getting into queue and got a ride to Framingham.

If you can make that work, that's the way to do it.

·
Banned
658 Posts
I had airport trip this morning around 8.15. Coming back was nightmare both tunnel were backed up. I Decided to go through east Boston, got a ping with 1.3 surge. They were going to Roxbury and took us 39 minutes. Airport run is disaster especially if there is surge in the city .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.