Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then there was 1 PAX that complained about 3 different things and it got me down to a 4.5

What did they complain about? See below! I have my guesses as to who the PAX was. See my comments in red:

Starting/Ending Trips On TimeStarting/Ending Trips On Time

Riders give lower ratings if they think they were overcharged. Here's how to avoid that:
  • Only press BEGIN TRIP after the rider is in the car and you enter the destination into your GPS (if you use it)
  • Press END TRIP as soon as you drop the rider off, or if you make a mistake on your route
I ALWAYS Begin Trip with PAX in the car and end it right as soon as I get to their destination. I had one incident last week where the PAX got in the car and asked "Did you start the trip when you got here?" I mistakenly said yes and she freaked out and said "So you started it WHEN YOU ARRIVED?" I aplogized, corrected myself and told her that I misunderstood her and the trip did not start until she was in the car and ready to go.

City Knowledge
Riders want to be sure you're following the best route. It helps to:
  • Ask if the rider has a preferred route
  • Always use GPS until you know the city well (remember to press BEGIN TRIP after you enter the destination)
This one I found interesting. I'm pretty familiar with all areas, especially main roads, but when you get to back roads for private houses and such, chances are I have never been there. I ALWAYS follow my GPS. Google Maps has always given me the fastest, safest and best directions anywhere I have gone. So I follow them. I guess someone did not agree with me going a certain way. I always go the most common ways. If it's the same person then hey, she got to where she needed to be on time!

Professionalism
Riders count on Uber for a comfortable, relaxing experience. They prefer for drivers not to promote other businesses during the trip

This one shocked me! Everyone compliments me on my car, I get plenty of compliments about my outgoing nature and how friendly I am. Sure, I don't dress like I'm in an office but I hardly dress like a slob either. I usually make small talk with passengers, trying for us to get to know each other. After all, I want my PAX to know they are safe with me and they can trust me and vice versa. Sometimes we discuss our jobs, where we work, etc. Congrats to all you PAX. I will no longer even TALK to you.

I also suspect it's the same PAX because we did talk about this and also she though the blanket in my back seat was a dog blanket. When I explained to her I don't have a dog and it was a blanket for cold passengers as the weather gets cooler, she was speechless. Time to carry absolutely NOTHING in my car.

Look, I get the fact that there is a rating system but for crying out loud, if you want to rate me LOW then please have legit, valid reasons such as major confrontations or serious issues with the driver. Not something nitpicky like these things. I rate you all 5 stars unless I have major issues with you, I expect the same courtesy in return!

·
Registered
199 Posts
We all get the same cut and paste BS. I have a 4.86 rating (4.9 overall) and still get these every now and then. Pay it no attention.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Give a few more hundred quality rides & that useless ratings banter will mean nothing. It's there to control you by creating fear of deactivation, that's all. Relax.

·
Banned
919 Posts
Dan, laugh at them and don't think a pax sent in the comments. It is Uber's way of being the big dog and they want you to be very afraid. I wish they sent it out when it actually was true but now I don't know so I just don't bother with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This Uber way of ****ing with your head. Don't let it!
They're full of shit and know it.
I do agree with you that it is very irritating to get that when none applies.
If it make you feel better I got the exact same thing and reading your explanations I felt like it I was talking.
Consider the source and move on.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
here is what is disturbing. 7 riders thought ther driver was excellent. 1 rider might be a jerk or having a bad day. rates low. driver now has a failing rating overall. this is outrageous. its too much power. sure you can make up for it with another 7 perfect rides , but thats not the point.

·
Registered
254 Posts
On my recent weekly summary I have had all 5 stars, but they still put this "start - end trip" as something to get better on. Where is the logic?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Thanks for these tips....i got the same deal on the professionalism.
Hey at least on my feedback some of my passengers think I'm hot! That wins!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts