Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning between 5:10 and 5:16, I skipped an address that was 20 minutes away 6 times. I tried turning off my app in between but the ping would just come back around. Now I have 6 driver cancellations in my trip history. WTF?!? This is gonna kill my ratings and my acceptance rate. I'm not a slave to you, Uber. Obviously I have a good reason not to accept (20 mins away) but is there a way to get that shit removed from my history or should I even care?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nah, I've skipped plenty of requests for that very reason, and they've only contacted me about it once. You're an independent contractor and reserve the right to turn it down if it's unprofitable for you.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
Did this yesterday.
Our server starts local then goes farther out in concentric circles.
By the time thr ping was offered to me, i was at Amtrak on Tryon and the job was a 1 mile shortie on Morrison.
I asked for the job to be removed from my queue, and the human dispatcher complied.
Freakin server kept offering me the ping- I rejected it at least 6 times before staying idle.
It then gave me a noshow, I did chase all the way to South Park for that BS.
On top of that, I had barely enough time to get to Mt Holly for a private client going to Concord airport. And had no gas, and had to pee...
But BOT, my company doesn't penalize for rejection.
Uber sucks for doing that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts