Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been Ubering a little less than a week thus far. 19 pings I think thus far. 3 times the rider cancelled within 1-2 minutes but luckily before I started on my way. And 3 times the rider cancelled after I had been driving and almost to destination . So roughly 33 percent of pings have resulted thus far in time and money wasted on my part.

Just curious what your percentage may be and if it is the norm or merely a rare streak of bad luck or what not. This percentage was not mentioned of course when I signed up with Uber and is getting beyond irritating

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
It happens, not usually that many. Depends on the market and when you are driving, I get a much higher cancellation rate when I work those late drunk hours.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
About 25 out of 780 trips 3%

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hi, Jufkii.

Welcome to the forum!

Please read your Partnership Agreement.

New Drivers have 30 Days to Opt-out of Binding Arbitration.

Should you be past the 30-day mark, email the paralegal of the law firm handling Uber cases Eloise Lopez at [email protected]. They would handle your case on an independent basis.

UNS :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
If you sit and wait a minute or two, this would increase your cancellations. The passenger who requested the ride that you have accepted will look on the app. and see that your vehicle is not making it's way to the requested location. Many times the same passenger, re-requests another ride, shortly after cancelling the first ride. That's been my experience, on more than one occasion.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Or if they don't like what kind of car you drive. Or the way you look. Discrimination is only one way with Uber. It's against the law to discriminate against who you pick up, but it's not against the law for a rider to pick and choose their driver. Meh. They don't get the fact that when they cancel and request again, they will still get the closest driver.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Have been Ubering a little less than a week thus far. 19 pings I think thus far. 3 times the rider cancelled within 1-2 minutes but luckily before I started on my way. And 3 times the rider cancelled after I had been driving and almost to destination . So roughly 33 percent of pings have resulted thus far in time and money wasted on my part.

Just curious what your percentage may be and if it is the norm or merely a rare streak of bad luck or what not. This percentage was not mentioned of course when I signed up with Uber and is getting beyond irritating
If you are waiting 1-2 minutes to get moving... That might just be why the canceled on you.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Or if they don't like what kind of car you drive. Or the way you look. Discrimination is only one way with Uber. It's against the law to discriminate against who you pick up, but it's not against the law for a rider to pick and choose their driver. Meh. They don't get the fact that when they cancel and request again, they will still get the closest driver.
No they won't. This has been proven with the pax making the request IN THE CAR and getting drivers 2-5 minutes away.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Well, I guess I learn sumptin' new here.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Keep in mind, though, that the the closest driver is based on where s/he was 1 minute ago. I'm constantly getting pings from behind me, on one way roads in traffic with one minute to arrive...

Reactions: Huberis

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would get pings from the Mass Turnpike when I’m miles from the next exit. I’d also get pings from several towns away when inside a tunnel when my GPS goes bonkers not knowing where I am.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Keep in mind, though, that the the closest driver is based on where s/he was 1 minute ago. I'm constantly getting pings from behind me, on one way roads in traffic with one minute to arrive...
The pax pin can be right in your car on the app and someone else may still get it. Try it sometime if you have 2 phones. One in the driver app, one in the pax app..

·
Banned
919 Posts
No they won't. This has been proven with the pax making the request IN THE CAR and getting drivers 2-5 minutes away.
It might happen like that a few times but normally, they are getting you again unless another car moves into the area. I had one girl cancel on me 8 times. Tried moving the pin around to try to get a different driver but kept getting me. I was less than 1/2 mile from her. I guess she finally moved it two miles away and then called the pax. Those pax won't be skipped by me So I can still pissed them off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is a nice strategy from the young bar crowd.. and was told about this on sat. Eve.. 3 pax in a group... they all request a ride... whatever driver shows up first, or is closest at just befor the 5 min mark gets it.. the two other pax in the group cancels... ohh the joy of drunk hour driving

·
Registered
297 Posts

Sounds like an Uber driver trying to get you off the ping map. I've had had that happen to me before.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If you don't move (like you're in traffic) when you accept a ping the rider sees this and cancels"

If you're driving North when you accept a ping and the rider is South but you need to go about .5-1 mile to make a U turn, rider cancels."

I want my oommpa -loompa now!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts