Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
What are you talking about? Where does Uber charge 59 cents a mile?

I support Mears, but the fact that you can spend so much time posting instead of driving is a pretty good clue that the taxi business is slow right now.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
It's actually 60 cents a mile, not 59. 75-15=60. You also get paid 13 cents per minute, whether you are moving or not.

No, I'm NOT defending Uber, but you should get the facts straight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
big shit, 13 cents a minute, big ****ing deal. uber does not give a shit about drivers, when you drive for them, your car your time your gas, makes them money. as long as you drive for these rates, they don t give a flying ****. the people you pick up only want cheap rides. They don t give a **** how little you make. **** that it's not worth having cheap mother ****ers in my car. so **** uber, **** the pax, and **** YOU ROADRUNNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's actually 60 cents a mile, not 59. 75-15=60. You also get paid 13 cents per minute, whether you are moving or not.

No, I'm NOT defending Uber, but you should get the facts straight.
Whatever the case may be it's an absolute disgrace of a rate. Chasing the surges is total nonsense, and driving for these rates is complete insanity.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
A 10 mile trip that takes roughly 20 minutes to complete will cost the rider:

(0.75 x 10) + (0.13 x 20) + $ 1.00 Base fee + $ 1.00 Safe ride fee = $ 12.10

The driver will get: $ 8.88 after Uber's cuts ... which covers THE DREADED DEAD MILES... which may even make that in most cases actually $ 4.44

Now would you drive someone 40 miles for $ 4.44? isn't this insanity? These rates just do not add up and neither does UBER anymore.

Good luck getting to a $ 100.00 ... if this is not poverty in an App, I don't know what is.

What a shame!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
big shit, 13 cents a minute, big ****ing deal. uber does not give a shit about drivers, when you drive for them, your car your time your gas, makes them money. as long as you drive for these rates, they don t give a flying ****. the people you pick up only want cheap rides. They don t give a **** how little you make. **** that it's not worth having cheap mother ****ers in my car. so **** uber, **** the pax, and **** YOU ROADRUNNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 F-bombs in 2 sentences. Tell us how you really feel, since you are so articulate.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Well, both of my rides were min. rides, and I tipped $5. I am sure they netted about $3.00 after uber fees, so I tipped almost 150%? (I was never good at math.)

Do you all think I should of tipped 20% instead?

Also, for the Orlando drivers..both of my drivers were brand new. So, they do not have a problem finding new drivers to sign up. Look out for lower rates. Obviously these new drivers do not mind the 75 cents a mile. One of them was talking about quitting her job at Disney to work for Uber and I was her 2nd ride.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was at Disney and I paid 75 cents a mile last week. Did I get ripped off as a customer? :mad:
Yeah you ripped off the uber driver plus I am sure he drove you around costing him money and you didn't even tip.
Yeah you got ripped off.
Use your own car next time.
Never use uber again just for that comment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts