Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Map Slope Parallel Circle

…But my FAVORITE by far!

Picked up pax and hubby from a restaurant during VERY heavy rain here in FL. Did name check and followed with a joke…pax found this guy busting hilarious 😂!

Apologized to me “Saying I know it’s a waste of your time, but we didn’t want to get soaking wet!!”

Drove them to front door of their location, hubby gives me a crisp $20 “ for your time”.

AND they tip me in the app!!

sometimes the Uber gods smile on ya!!

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Guy wanted to cross the street, the oil spray truck for repaving just passed and he looks at me and asks "How much to get to the other side?" "6 bucks minimum fare" He hands me a ten.

I'll do those shorties all day, the most profit per mile. Problem is getting a lot of them without being drowned out by ants in short order.

I think the most shorties I ever did in one day was 60, pooled as well as those were separate fares. Those days are long gone in my area.

· Premium Member
13,149 Posts
I did 30 last friday. It was alot of work hours. Not just uber x. Saturday Sunday off...big day tommorow. I will do 12 hours. I will get those surge with 7 block fares. I take them as poor mpg. Long trips are a ripoff to me now.
With upfront

· Premium Member
4,230 Posts
View attachment 693301
…But my FAVORITE by far!

Picked up pax and hubby from a restaurant during VERY heavy rain here in FL. Did name check and followed with a joke…pax found this guy busting hilarious 😂!

Apologized to me “Saying I know it’s a waste of your time, but we didn’t want to get soaking wet!!”

Drove them to front door of their location, hubby gives me a crisp $20 “ for your time”.

Your not even a minute man!! 🥳

· Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
5,234 Posts
View attachment 693301
…But my FAVORITE by far!

Congrats !

· Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 693301
…But my FAVORITE by far!

Time you have me beat, but distance I got you.

Passenger lives near a busy off ramp in Pittsburgh, and there is a bus stop across the street from her house. She gets off the bus, calls and Uber to take her across the street (4 lanes - 2 in each direction). You have to go down 1 block, wait for the same stop light twice and then pull into her drive way. You then have to wait for the light and back out into the road. (her rating is extremely low), most drives give 1 to 3 stars so we won't be paired with her again.
Photograph Cloud Sky Car Plant

· Premium Member
1,345 Posts
View attachment 693301
…But my FAVORITE by far!

I think actually that was the pax gods smiling on you than the Uber demons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts