Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Font Screenshot Material property Software

I received this text and wondering if it's the Las Vegas valley like Summerlin, Spring Valley and such or are they going to specify the official city limits of Las Vegas which is a very limited area?

·
Registered
243 Posts
View attachment 51474

I received this text and wondering if it's the Las Vegas valley like Summerlin, Spring Valley and such or are they going to specify the official city limits of Las Vegas which is a very limited area?
I've done the 50 trip one for an extra $100 and it's anywhere in Vegas Valley except Henderson. I picked up in Summerlin, Spring Valley... I just stayed out of Henderson and I made it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess they're trying to get me behind the wheel. I rarely drive because it's just not worth it to me. The pay is too low and too much risk of dealing with jerks. But for 5 rides and $50, I'm game.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I guess they're trying to get me behind the wheel. I rarely drive because it's just not worth it to me. The pay is too low and too much risk of dealing with jerks. But for 5 rides and $50, I'm game.
Spot on.... guess that's why I got the same offer. I think I've given 5 rides in 4 months for Uber.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ahhh I see now..thanks Sam, I can't imagine anybody NOT doing the 50 for 5 that's a hell of a deal for people who don't drive much.
I agree, Byrdie. I actually signed up for Uber one year ago and have never taken a ride. My TNC sticker still has the backing on it. My wife is having fits about it. She says, "what if someone you know sees you? Make sure you go to the east side of town if you want to play your cab driver game." She really knows what to say. And I'm thinking, east side? Ha! No way. I think I'm going to pass on it anyway.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Qualified for my $50 for giving 5 rides this past night...

For 4 hours I actually got hung ho and did 7 rides plus had 2 cancellations for a big whopping total of $53 and change.

What's fascinating is that 5 rides were not in the 2.0 guaranteed zone and were UNDER $5 in net fares. 2 rides were under $3. What the???

The two cancellations for $3.75 made me more than 4 of the rides! (When giving them courtesy calls, they were so drunk they didn't know where they were.)

Two rides were in the guaranteed 2x boost zone and were a little bit of a hike so that added $30. Without the 2x boost, would have only added $15 for those two rides or $38 total for 4 hours while putting 53 miles on the car which gets about 20 miles to the gallon. (Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that's pretty much minimum wage at the end of the day.)

STIFFED (translation = no tip) on all rides for the night which sucked and isn't common so 7 out of 7 ended up with solid 4 star ratings from me. Ironically... just about all of the pax had ratings under 4.70 except for one set of newbies so it is what it is.

Without the $50 incentive and the 2x boost I would say YOU ARE CRAZY for driving for UberX in this heat and beating the hell out of your car.

$50 for 5 rides and 2x boost zones are THE ONLY WAY I will give more than 1 ride a month for Uber again until rates go back up.

BTW -- there were Uber drivers EVERYWHERE. Every time I opened up the passenger app, was surrounded by Uber cars all over town. The only thing that made the night decent was going to my little honey hole on the strip when I finally got there.

Anyways -- if I get paid the incentive, pulled in $103 for the night for 4 hours. That's fair... take away the $50 incentive and the Boost pay and it would have only been $38 which isn't fair and how people can be doing that day in and day out is CRAZY!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Anyways -- if I get paid the incentive, pulled in $103 for the night for 4 hours. That's fair... take away the $50 incentive and the Boost pay and it would have only been $38 which isn't fair and how people can be doing that day in and day out is CRAZY!
This is why I've decided I'll never put that TNC sticker on my car. It's not worth the time and risk. The risk is actually the worst part. The more exposure you have to driving in areas like the strip, your chance of being in an altercation whether it's an accident or an issue with a passenger increases exponentially. I'd never last anyway because the minute some jerk got into my car and was disrespectful or flip with me I would immediately give them "what-for". I'd have a 2 star rating by the end of the night.

Average Uber Driver: Desperate
Average Uber Customer: Cheap and selfish person who doesn't care about his fellow man.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is why I've decided I'll never put that TNC sticker on my car. It's not worth the time and risk. The risk is actually the worst part. The more exposure you have to driving in areas like the strip, your chance of being in an altercation whether it's an accident or an issue with a passenger increases exponentially. I'd never last anyway because the minute some jerk got into my car and was disrespectful or flip with me I would immediately give them "what-for". I'd have a 2 star rating by the end of the night.

Average Uber Driver: Desperate
Average Uber Customer: Cheap and selfish person who doesn't care about his fellow man.
It's certainly not for everybody. I think the risk for the average person is CERTAINLY not worth it for the amount of money being made.

You don't confront obnoxious drunks to make them more obnoxious... PERIOD. Just play along with their little drunk fantasy of them being on top of the world and most of the time, they'll be ok and calm down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You don't confront obnoxious drunks to make them more obnoxious... PERIOD. Just play along with their little drunk fantasy of them being on top of the world and 99.9% of the time, they'll be ok and calm down.
I drove a cab in college and what was nice about that was that you didn't have to put up with crap from anyone. I know all about handling drunks. It's easier just to avoid them. Not worth the bother, even with $50 bonuses. If I was going to be an Uber driver I would just work the outlying better areas, close to my home. I thought it might be fun, but doing it for pennies takes away any pleasure that I might be seeking.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

For 4 hours I actually got hung ho and did 7 rides plus had 2 cancellations for a big whopping total of $53 and change.

What's fascinating is that 5 rides were not in the 2.0 guaranteed zone and were UNDER $5 in net fares. 2 rides were under $3. What the???

The two cancellations for $3.75 made me more than 4 of the rides! (When giving them courtesy calls, they were so drunk they didn't know where they were.)

Two rides were in the guaranteed 2x boost zone and were a little bit of a hike so that added $30. Without the 2x boost, would have only added $15 for those two rides or $38 total for 4 hours while putting 53 miles on the car which gets about 20 miles to the gallon. (Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that's pretty much minimum wage at the end of the day.)

STIFFED (translation = no tip) on all rides for the night which sucked and isn't common so 7 out of 7 ended up with solid 4 star ratings from me. Ironically... just about all of the pax had ratings under 4.70 except for one set of newbies so it is what it is.

Without the $50 incentive and the 2x boost I would say YOU ARE CRAZY for driving for UberX in this heat and beating the hell out of your car.

$50 for 5 rides and 2x boost zones are THE ONLY WAY I will give more than 1 ride a month for Uber again until rates go back up.

BTW -- there were Uber drivers EVERYWHERE. Every time I opened up the passenger app, was surrounded by Uber cars all over town. The only thing that made the night decent was going to my little honey hole on the strip when I finally got there.

Please follow up with your pay. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts