Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ONLY thing I like about Lyft is flexibility. I can't work a part time job on the clock with my primary job. I can be on-call at anytime. Lyft pay is very minimal overall. I only get pings outside of 8 minutes away if it's early morning and not a lot of cars out. Guarantee hours is BS!

My experiences so far:

1. Heavy set lady, breathing hard, taking 5 minutes to get in my vehicle going for a $4.oo ride and want me to stop at the fast food drive thru... NOT
2. Grocery store pick up.... and her lazy son can't be bothered to help her. Yes, I left the groceries on the sidewalk in the rain and drove away. I did enough by removing the bad out of my trunk. In an effort not to get a bad rating.. I told her I had another call in the queue.
3. The man that had his entire family in the car.... nice long drive, but ask me to wait for another vehicle, he didn't want his family getting wet. Excuse me! No tip, no wait, no no no! I have to go!
4. The ghetto kids that ate all my candy. I said "can you please leave some for someone else". Rated her a 1 star.
5. The man that FARTED an animal out of his ARSE! Rated him 1 star! I swear I wanted to kick him out my car. It was misty! LOL hahah! Horrible!
6. The drunk lady in the middle of the day "She wanted to hear k-she and the shunshide ban". Translation.. KCee and the Sunshine band!
7. The young girls birthday bash... she was drunk and I was super nice.... "Please, can we ride around the block a few times, you're the best part of my party".

So old timers... sad to say! You are right on all accounts. I'm going to continue to ride, because I need the part time pay for now, but here's a screenshot of my last weeks paycheck and feedback. I worked 32 hours.

1. I still do candy/water/mints
2. I do have a courtesy tip sign
3. Aux Cord/Chargers, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of standing still during that time. I've learned from this site. NOT to do dead miles, so I usually sit tight and wait for another call. It really was much longer than that to actually make that money. Sitting sometimes 10-15 minutes between calls.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's almost 6 rides an hour. Impossible. You can't even do that with Uber. Not enough business for that

Rides would have to be all min rides. But over $500, something ain't adding up
Lyft only records the actual time driving (first pick up and drop off) in the weekly summary. It doesn't calculate how long you were on-line. It doesn't document the entire time you're waiting between rides. It was a 32 hour week.

My weekly earning summary will give you my total hours in drive mode. That doesn't get sent until Tuesdays (actual payday).

·
Registered
301 Posts
The ONLY thing I like about Lyft is flexibility. I can't work a part time job on the clock with my primary job. I can be on-call at anytime. Lyft pay is very minimal overall. I only get pings outside of 8 minutes away if it's early morning and not a lot of cars out. Guarantee hours is BS!

My experiences so far:

1. Heavy set lady, breathing hard, taking 5 minutes to get in my vehicle going for a $4.oo ride and want me to stop at the fast food drive thru... NOT
2. Grocery store pick up.... and her lazy son can't be bothered to help her. Yes, I left the groceries on the sidewalk in the rain and drove away. I did enough by removing the bad out of my trunk. In an effort not to get a bad rating.. I told her I had another call in the queue.
3. The man that had his entire family in the car.... nice long drive, but ask me to wait for another vehicle, he didn't want his family getting wet. Excuse me! No tip, no wait, no no no! I have to go!
4. The ghetto kids that ate all my candy. I said "can you please leave some for someone else". Rated her a 1 star.
5. The man that FARTED an animal out of his ARSE! Rated him 1 star! I swear I wanted to kick him out my car. It was misty! LOL hahah! Horrible!
6. The drunk lady in the middle of the day "She wanted to hear k-she and the shunshide ban". Translation.. KCee and the Sunshine band!
7. The young girls birthday bash... she was drunk and I was super nice.... "Please, can we ride around the block a few times, you're the best part of my party".

So old timers... sad to say! You are right on all accounts. I'm going to continue to ride, because I need the part time pay for now, but here's a screenshot of my last weeks paycheck and feedback. I worked 32 hours.

Sounds like you're experiencing what Al Bundy does each day at work.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts

My experiences so far:

Lol.Ive had over 5,000 rides with Lyft and haven't even had half as many loonies as you have.I feel for you :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
:D:D:D lmfao

Had this happen to me, but was raining hard and had the heater on. Pax doesn't want the window opened, making it seem like pax didn't smell fart. I think pax wanted to suffocate me, and most likely was laughing so hard in their minds. Was barely breathing. Breathe in through my mouth while covering with my shirt, then blowing air out of my nose.

It fogged up my windows and heater made the smell worse btw lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D:D:D lmfao

Had this happen to me, but was raining hard and had the heater on. Pax doesn't want the window opened, making it seem like pax didn't smell fart. I think pax wanted to suffocate me, and most likely was laughing so hard in their minds. Was barely breathing. Breathe in through my mouth while covering with my shirt, then blowing air out of my nose.

It fogged up my windows and heater made the smell worse btw lol
Lmfao..lol lol. Fogged windows!! Breathing through your mouth..lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's almost 6 rides an hour. Impossible. You can't even do that with Uber. Not enough business for that
Rides would have to be all min rides. But over $500, something ain't adding up
No, that's just actual pickup to drop off time. Not hanging around waiting for pings. The earning summary reflects actual time in driving mode. I worked 32 hours for that pay.
I was about to say...lol. Here I was ready to move to Baltimore so I too can earn $500 in 11 hrs. :D

bmore4now how much in gas do you estimate you spent during those 32 hours?

·
Registered
448 Posts
LOL..........2.5 tanks per week=$75 a week.
So that puts you around $390 for 32-38 hours of driving if you consider downtime between requests. So around $10-12 per hour -- not including depreciation on your vehicle..

Ridesharing really is a tough gig to earn good $$. Glad a lot of your pax tip you.

Lyft pax here in Atlanta don't tip. I get much more cash tips from my Uber riders.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So that puts you around $390 for 32-38 hours of driving if you consider downtime between requests. So around $10-12 per hour -- not including depreciation on your vehicle..

Ridesharing really is a tough gig to earn good $$. Glad a lot of your pax tip you. Lyft pax here in Atlanta don't tip. I get much more cash tips from my Uber riders.
Thanks for the breakdown... you are correct. Its tough and not much money, but this is the only P/T job I can take with my primary job on-call responsibilities. Flexibility....

Yes, many folks complain about no tipping. I don't want to jinx myself, but I get cash tips as well.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
No, that's just actual pickup to drop off time. Not hanging around waiting for pings. The earning summary reflects actual time in driving mode. I worked 32 hours for that pay.
the point is,you're averaging at least 5 rides an hour. The only way this is possible is if once you drop off, the next pax is already at the curb and you don't have to move, AND you're getting back to back to back pings. Then they CAN'T be going far at all, NONE of them. Clearly this can't happen for 60 trips. The time does not reflect ACTUAL time(meaning only the time that the pax is in the car) in driving mode. The time online includes the time you accept the ping,the drive to them without a pax,and of course the time during the ride with the pax. When I did lyft, which is dead around here, I sat with the app on for 55min, and took a 5min ride. My time online did NOT say 5min, it said 60min, even tho I took one ride. Are you saying your app operates differently? You just can't do 5 or 6 trips an hour, its impossible. The only explanation is if your total includes some type of bonus,like from a quest or something.

then you say "Not hanging around waiting for pings." Huh? what does that mean. You have to "hang" (which is simply wait) for a ping. How else do you get a ping? By waiting (whether sitting or driving) until a beep hits your phone. Can you explain to me how you get rides/pings, if you don't wait for the ping to get to your phone? Because you need to have your phone on and in driver mode to receive a ping. I'm positive this is the way lyft works (which is the same as uber). Waiting = adding time to your total time online ,which can only happen when in drivers mode

1 - 20 of 32 Posts