Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know wtf is wrong with people. I do my best to get 5 star ratings. Talking listening to bullshit stories and kissing ass and yet don't get what I did wrong and can't figure out who it was to try to right my mistake. Any suggestions

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The SUV pro's I know don't drive nights b/c ratings take a hit. One drunk ass is all it takes to ruin a week.

Drunks can't be trusted to drive, but they get a big say in your income earning..

I am pretty bad driver. I mumble, drive slow, drink coffee, answer calls and miss the occasional turn. I have 4.9 b/c I drive mornings and after work. Never past 10pm.

Yes, it is ****ing ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Exactly sometimes end of the night I feel like I did great and boom that one bad rating
Well if its a girl,try to compliment.
I like your hair, looks great, what knd of perfume is ir smells great, etc.....
If its a man u must tap on their ego, lines like, man you nailed it, wow you the man etc.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know wtf is wrong with people. I do my best to get 5 star ratings. Talking listening to bullshit stories and kissing ass and yet don't get what I did wrong and can't figure out who it was to try to right my mistake. Any suggestions
Hey Simon79,

You *might* be able to get a general direction answer if you were to visit the Westwood partner support center. Asking for the same information over email would be difficult because the rep can't always share everything, but when you talk to the rep in person at the office, it's easier for them to share things "unofficially" since it's verbal and not written on paper. Of course, it'll be dependent on who you sit-down with, some are more ok with sharing like this than others. Oh, and if you've never been to the office before, some days there are no waits, other days could be very long wait, sorry I don't know what those no wait days are generally.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hey Simon79,

You *might* be able to get a general direction answer if you were to visit the Westwood partner support center. Asking for the same information over email would be difficult because the rep can't always share everything, but when you talk to the rep in person at the office, it's easier for them to share things "unofficially" since it's verbal and not written on paper. Of course, it'll be dependent on who you sit-down with, some are more ok with sharing like this than others. Oh, and if you've never been to the office before, some days there are no waits, other days could be very long wait, sorry I don't know what those no wait days are generally.
Did you guys really never consider the time bias for ratings?

Late night guys always struggle. Did you really not notice?

How many drivers got the business end of the boot just cause they drove shitfaced asshats?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
the trick that I found and it's not giving out free shit is that whether its' a CEO, hot group of chicks, some OG's or just a kid getting a ride home from his Taco bell job is You need to be "confidant" (not cocky) and always in control but in a professional manner. Your ride is your "Realm" and you need to be the Ruler. show any weakness or signs of not knowing what you are doing and they will not respect you. Most important...Try and have fun. don't be a grumpy or negative person. I catch myself getting frustrated at times and I'll just stop driving. I know many do this full-time and can't stop but you need to put frustrations in check. Last thing is you need to weed out potential bad riders. don't accept low rated Pax also if I need to call someone to find them and they have a negative tone I just hit cancel and move on. I had a Pax on Sunset a few weeks ago who pinged me just as I was driving by them. There was no place legally to pull over and I wasn't going to stop in the middle of traffic. I quickly called pax to ask them to walk down the street a little bit. They yelled at me and asked me why I called them and why Im not stopping. They saw me and just wanted me to stop and hold up traffic. I told them there was no safe place to stop and I don't want to risk ticket and if they didn't want to walk fine then order another driver. I then hung up and cancelled ride. if I picked them up after that I would have got a Low rating. went offline for a few mins got another ride no problem. I'm a 4.90+ driver with about 3000 rides. It's ****ing crazy how unfair the Uber rating system is but we can't do anything about it all we can do is try and control what we can control.

headtheball is right about driving drunks. the more drunks you drive (especially at surge) the lower your ratings will be. It's not fair just fact.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Drive drunks and your ratings get a hit.
I also stop at 11 pm.
Another problem, car stinks like a cab if I drive drunks. Frequently they want to go to McDonald's. And car stinks even more because of the fast food.

Only positive is: I get more tips driving late night drunks.

But lately I stopped driving after 11 pm completely. It is not worth it. The night, the alcohol and the drugs brings out the worst in people.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I don't do gum, chargers, water... And 90% of the time I pop the trunk from inside. I always ask if people need help but until Uber starts incentives for customer service its a moot point. I have a 4.9. I pretend to be jolly AF. Working sales for 7 years sharpened my bullshit. If they want a charger: 'oh, sorry... Someone stole it the other night.' If they want water: 'I don't, but I'd be happy to stop at a gas station if you need something.'(they always say no) Do you have any gum: '**** you. Get out.'

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Stop kissing ass. Don't forget that is YOUR CAR. You are in complete control of it and your earnings.

If there's something you don't like, don't take any shit.

Just Ping - Drive - Make Money. It's not a social club, you will get that 25% that are jerks.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My sister took an Uber the other day and I asked her if she gave the driver 5 stars. She said no 4 stars because she had ask her friend for cash to tip and Uber doesn't have it in the app. Her experience wasn't overall 5 stars and had nothing to do with the driver. So there ya have it. There's people like that out there. Sometimes you have to take a ding cause uber doesn't give the user a seamless transaction or the app acts up and they take it out on the rating system provided.

I had a guy get all pissed cause he orderd a black car and I showed up. He obviously made a mistake and was running late so he took me. He made several comments like uber pulls this shit on him from time to time. Gee I wonder what he rated me? Lol

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Also some just plain make a mistake and accidentally rate 1 star. Very very common and users don't know or try to change it. That's why taking drunks is a huge risk to your ratings. They don't care or are sober enough to understand what they are doing. UberOn!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Most passengers/riders have no idea that 4 stars is "fail". It's not their fault, they were never briefed by Uber/Lyft about that.

So anything can cause the rider to give you a bad rating.

If your navigation app makes you take a route that the rider does not like, you just earned a bad rating. If your A/C was too cold or too hot, you just earned a bad rating. If the rider thinks you are driving too fast or too slow, you just earned a bad rating. If the rider was in a bad mood and did not want to talk about it, you just earned a bad rating. If you missed one turn, you just earned a bad rating. If a stop light takes too long, you just earned a bad rating. If you do not offer them water or snacks, you just earned a bad rating. If you talk too much or too little, you just earned a bad rating. If you don't allow your rider to light up their e-cig in your car, you just earned a bad rating. If your appearance does not meet the riders standards in any way or form, you just earned yourself a bad rating.

The bottom line is this: If a driver has a 4.5 rating, it's fine, as long as there are no major complaints from their riders. I have been told by riders that they have come across drivers with a 4.2 !! WTF right ??

·
Registered
435 Posts
^ yes.
That guy who was so worried about his job at Initech? Practically got an ulcer. The one who cared least about it was promoted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts