Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Take it from me.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to be a 5 Star Uber Driver ---- say 100++ Ratings.

When i started driving i knew for a fact i would never keep my 5 star rating, and i actually started with 40 5 Stars in a row.

But some ******* will always come along to take you down and leave you a 4 star or worse.

****I would even say without question, some people would even leave u a 4 star rating just to break your 5 star rating****
Child locks on door. End ride. They try handle.
Turn around and say door only opens on five star rides. Stare into them with a blank face mouth slightly agape.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My only 1 star came from a SELECT shortly after I first opened my Black Car account (I'd already been doing SELECT in my market so I wasn't newbie had a 4.93 rating after almost 1,000 trips on personal driver account). Picked up, destination is 30 minutes away. Chatting along the ride, he tells me he's been in London the last 3 months and we're going to a party (Memorial Day Weekend) at his friend's new house. Friend moved while he was in London. We get to address, address does not physically exist (it's basically a property line). I ask him if maybe he wants to call his friend and confirm the address. He's says no, just drop him off at the line of cars at house next to the address because that's probably the party. 20 minutes later rating dropped from 4.94 to 4.67 plus Rider Feedback: Drop Offs. Completely my fault right? I'm wrong because you didn't want to confirm an address after you've been overseas for 3 months? Luckily I only had a few rated trips so each new 5 star exponentially increased my rating. My Black Car driver account is back up to 4.96 And my personal is still 4.93. So yeah ignore the ratings. Can't please everyone and some people are just straight up pissant.

·
Banned
102 Posts
My only 1 star came from a SELECT shortly after I first opened my Black Car account (I'd already been doing SELECT in my market so I wasn't newbie had a 4.93 rating after almost 1,000 trips on personal driver account). Picked up, destination is 30 minutes away. Chatting along the ride, he tells me he's been in London the last 3 months and we're going to a party (Memorial Day Weekend) at his friend's new house. Friend moved while he was in London. We get to address, address does not physically exist (it's basically a property line). I ask him if maybe he wants to call his friend and confirm the address. He's says no, just drop him off at the line of cars at house next to the address because that's probably the party. 20 minutes later rating dropped from 4.94 to 4.67 plus Rider Feedback: Drop Offs. Completely my fault right? I'm wrong because you didn't want to confirm an address after you've been overseas for 3 months? Luckily I only had a few rated trips so each new 5 star exponentially increased my rating. My Black Car driver account is back up to 4.96 And my personal is still 4.93. So yeah ignore the ratings. Can't please everyone and some people are just straight up pissant.
Should of went back with ski mask and tire iron. Only properly rated trips get to walk properly.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's possible welcome to the world though as mentioned above one bar hopping d bag on a Wednesday at 3pm will point at you and say "I would of gave you 5 stars but you like the Beatles so you get 4."

Chicago driver 350 rides 4.99 all 5 stars and 1 four from a punk.
Which is why I always have classical music when the pax gets in the car and tell them they can adjust the radio or if they want it off. Assuming the language isn't vulgar of course. I'll allow almost anything accept rap music. Sorry just not my kind of music.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Which is why I always have classical music when the pax gets in the car and tell them they can adjust the radio or if they want it off. Assuming the language isn't vulgar of course. I'll allow almost anything accept rap music. Sorry just not my kind of music.
Channell 66 XM radio. Watercolors Jazz :cool:

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
ratings are not really important....there is no difference between a 4.67 rating and a 4.95 rating. What is important to you..Money!!!....is exactly what is important to Uber/Lyft...if you can get the pax from point A to point B....for as little as possible....so the pax keeps coming back... and Uber/Lyft gets their share and of course all the booking fees and upfront pricing....that is all that matters. What really is important is the number of rides you've done. If you are in the 5000+ category....I think they look at that more.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
yesterday got a call from UBER, i was like wtf... something's wrong....but
They called and say:
we monitoring you, guess u know it , (yea) , 350 rides 200 *****, your braking and acceleration are almost perfect everyday. (TY) So, you now working for a partner(yes) and we callin you to offer to drive for Uber co. , i said hmmmm someone jokin?'no, we offerin you a car, and sallary are you interested?? they said.
and again, is it joke===???
no , not joke.
no way that Uber called me, i mean i am good, i can say i'm professional with millions of km in 21 y of workin behind steerin wheel.
i know what im doin, but really is it possible to work for Uber, not to b a partner, not to work for partners, i mean is it possible that next week i will start driving for a company??? didnt ask 2much on the phone, not doin that.
waitin for them to call next week, also i was pure 4,99 before telephone call, 2hrs later i was 5 again....
wtf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hm, I checked him on Google,

Engineer for Technology and Quality Control for:
- Roads
- Highways
- Tunnels
- Airport runway

Experience

• Technology and Quality control Engineer
  • Etc...
  • I blv he is real.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This actually make me feel a little better.

Got a 1 star on ride #25. No clue as to why. Only issue I had was having to call them, as they gave me address to a Large Shopping mall, to figure out which door to pick them up at. Attitude all the way....1 mile micro ride. Problem is, with only 10 ratings (Seriously? we are required to rate passengers... but its not the other way around?) It dropped me to a 4.6.

Time to build up that star rating....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just wait until you get that first hood rat that gives you a 4 star rating for a flawless drive.....thatll take the wind out of your sails and make you a true surly Uber Driver.

4.94 rating, 301 rated rides.
It has to me. Makes me not want to drive in the hood, and I hate that I feel that way.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm 4.94 w Uber across 500 rides. Inevitably, 5 will go away. Whether someone rating 4 who thinks 4 is good, another uber driver trying to trim competition, etc. I saw one last night w/ 5 stars on 15 trips and I didn't have the heart to leave 4 - even though they had their phone in their lap(looking down), clueless on navigation and no Uber sticker on car.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts