Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ... I can see 5-star comments now. I don't know if that's a new feature they've activated or not. I've only been driving about three months. I'd seen the 5-star-comments feature listed under ratings for some time, but whenever I clicked it ... nothing. Then, the other day, I suddenly had 5-star comments going back to the first month I drove. Here's my issue. I think they're fake. And if that's true, that's a ****ing weird thing for the company to do ... like really, sociopathically weird.

I cannot prove it. But, one, not a single typo in any of the comments nor a single abbreviated word like we'd often see via text communication. Two, they are just vanilla enough to apply to just about anyone. For instance, one thanked me for driving safely in the rain ... in March (no date). Clearly it had been raining. But it almost feels like some algorithm figured that out. Am I crazy?

·
Premium Member
62,827 Posts
So ... I can see 5-star comments now. I don't know if that's a new feature they've activated or not. I've only been driving about three months. I'd seen the 5-star-comments feature listed under ratings for some time, but whenever I clicked it ... nothing. Then, the other day, I suddenly had 5-star comments going back to the first month I drove. Here's my issue. I think they're fake. And if that's true, that's a &%[email protected]!*ing weird thing for the company to do ... like really, sociopathically weird.

I cannot prove it. But, one, not a single typo in any of the comments nor a single abbreviated word like we'd often see via text communication. Two, they are just vanilla enough to apply to just about anyone. For instance, one thanked me for driving safely in the rain ... in March (no date). Clearly it had been raining. But it almost feels like some algorithm figured that out. Am I crazy?
Just wait untill they disappear,
Then come back later.

Along with rotating complaints.
That appear.
Disappear.
Reappear.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
So ... I can see 5-star comments now. I don't know if that's a new feature they've activated or not. I've only been driving about three months. I'd seen the 5-star-comments feature listed under ratings for some time, but whenever I clicked it ... nothing. Then, the other day, I suddenly had 5-star comments going back to the first month I drove. Here's my issue. I think they're fake. And if that's true, that's a &%[email protected]!*ing weird thing for the company to do ... like really, sociopathically weird.

I have had a couple that referenced things that HAD to be me--like my regular job. For instsnce, I gave a ride to someone who works in the same building in the med center and they mentioned that. Another mentioned my hometown because she is from another city in my country.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Same as above for me... I can actually remember most of the rides that were referenced. Also, one of mine doesn't have proper capitalization. They are legitimate.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
The Uber crowd, is still very much different from a drug ridden taxi crowd. Most of my riders seem to be college graduates and usually upper middle class and above and the ones who do drugs are functional and usually business guys that do lines of coke to help them focus and get them through the day. College and grammar typically go hand in hand.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

Uber doesn't care enough about you, me or any other driver to fake comments.

Yes, you do sound a little crazy.

I have generic comments and a not so generic with typos.

If your app start to tell you what to do, please call for professional help ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not fake, many of my comments are very personalized, whether it's the music I play, my vehicle, or some other comment that was particular to that trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts