Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, today I gave a ride to a female pax, it was 10 min ride, nothing out of the ordinary, it was a quiet ride, as soon as I drop her off she tips me with a $5 dollar bill, but the way she did it made me unconformable, she just threw the $5 dollar bill on the front passengers seat, I mean I am thankful for the tip but I don't know it's just the way she did it that made me feel like a homeless person.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Hey there, today I gave a ride to a female pax, it was 10 min ride, nothing out of the ordinary, it was a quiet ride, as soon as I drop her off she tips me with a $5 dollar bill, but the way she did it made me unconformable, she just threw the $5 dollar bill on the front passengers seat, I mean I am thankful for the tip but I don't know it's just the way she did it that made me feel like a homeless person.
She's probably someone who tried to tip a couple drivers in the past and they refused the tip. So she's trying to avoid more awkwardness.

Many of those folks stopped tipping due to idiot drivers. Be glad she hasn't. I'd thank her profusely myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In my career of around 2000 scamshare rides, one black girl stands out that ended up tipping me 20 dollars going towards Lynn. She asked if I had change initially which I didn’t so I told her I really appreciated the gesture( before app tipping) and no need to tip and thanked her again for being a good human being. As she got out with her friends she tossed/dropped a 20$ bill through the window onto the front seat. That girl who left me that tip was the highest tip that I had received until recently ( got a 40$cash tip from a Chinese exchange student for a boston to Worcester trip). She could have hit me in the face with that money I don’t care her intentions were to give me that much all is forgiven, although an aggressive 5 thrown at you can feel degrading.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've had tips thrown on the seat, left on the armrest, or put into the cupholder. Could be a variety of reasons pax do this from the aforementioned rejected tip all the way up and through potential germaphobe. However it happens, I get my tip money.

I have questioned pax on the $$ value of a tip, but I've never rejected a tip...and no, no one has ever wanted to reduce a tip after I've asked, it's like the act of asking cements their desire to make the large tip.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
In my career of around 2000 scamshare rides, one black girl stands out that ended up tipping me 20 dollars going towards Lynn. She asked if I had change initially which I didn't so I told her I really appreciated the gesture( before app tipping) and no need to tip and thanked her again for being a good human being. As she got out with her friends she tossed/dropped a 20$ bill through the window onto the front seat. That girl who left me that tip was the highest tip that I had received until recently ( got a 40$cash tip from a Chinese exchange student for a boston to Worcester trip). She could have hit me in the face with that money I don't care her intentions were to give me that much all is forgiven, although an aggressive 5 thrown at you can feel degrading.
IMPOSSIBLE.

All of the drivers in this forum claim Asians don't tip.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You have to provide a place for riders to comfortably “leave” a tip. Many pax just don’t want to have any contact with a stranger.

All tips now go on top of the “CarGo” box. One big flat surface, no excuse for the tippers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
IMPOSSIBLE.

All of the drivers in this forum claim Asians don't tip.
It was a weird circumstance, these two Chinese girls get in at Copley on a Friday around 4. I am supposed to be home to eat dinner around 5 with my wife, so when I see that they r tryin to head for Worcester I told them they have to find a new uber. I also tell them they can stay in my car while they requested a new ride(it was rainy). While they tried figuring that out I texted my wife about the situation and got her permission to be a little late to dinner. They were elated to find out I would be doing the trip. After arriving in Worcester one of the girls needed to be dropped off maybe half a mile down the road. They forgot to tell me that before I ended the trip. So I took the second girl on a premise that she was to pay me 10$ in cash. When we arrived down the street she threw 2 20$ Bills in the front and thanked me and got out. Until this day this is the highest tip I have ever received, yea so don't assume and make an ass out of u r self.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
It was a weird circumstance, these two Chinese girls get in at Copley on a Friday around 4. I am supposed to be home to eat dinner around 5 with my wife, so when I see that they r tryin to head for Worcester I told them they have to find a new uber. I also tell them they can stay in my car while they requested a new ride(it was rainy). While they tried figuring that out I texted my wife about the situation and got her permission to be a little late to dinner. They were elated to find out I would be doing the trip. After arriving in Worcester one of the girls needed to be dropped off maybe half a mile down the road. They forgot to tell me that before I ended the trip. So I took the second girl on a premise that she was to pay me 10$ in cash. When we arrived down the street she threw 2 20$ Bills in the front and thanked me and got out. Until this day this is the highest tip I have ever received, yea so don't assume and make an ass out of u r self.
By chance, were they MCPHS students?

·
Registered
54 Posts
By chance, were they MCPHS students?
No it was some shitty Worcester school that I forgot the name of. pharma students tipped well for you? College students RARELY tips for me, my guess is high tuition and living expenses, these chinese girls had more money to burn in my guess, they had a lot of shopping bags from some places I can't even pronounce.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol I'm not complaining, in fact keep em coming, I don't care how, it just that I haven't been driving rideshare for too long and I've never worked in a job where tips are given, I just felt weird how the bill was tossed at me since most tippers hand it over to me, based on your posts it looks like it's a normal thing lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.