Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Average 60 mph from Love to Denton? Wow!!!! That is impressive. The long run rates kill you. How was that 43 deadhead run?

·
Registered
735 Posts
.54 cents a mile as standard irs cost of driving.
Multiply by miles driven and dead miles coming back. .54 x (43 +43) = 46 bucks.
This is approximate but from this view you didn't do well.
Sorry.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Trip was from love field to small town outside denton. These rates are ridiculous, making it harder to keep driving for uber.
That $90 plus tip =$100 in regular taxi
Limo $160 plus tip=$180
If you desperate switch to lyft at least you get tip!!
That s a Joke ! That why driver need to come together and strike.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I drive limo on weekends. Just sedan. Plano to dfw my share in commision plus tip is higher than if i make the trip on uber...
Not my gas , not my car.... i just can't chose when to work

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is there anyone on here who remembers the $1.48/mile, $0.19/minute rates we used to get in Dallas/Ft Worth? I'm guessing not many. Like me, they've all stopped driving. If rates go back to $1.20/mile I might consider driving again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I remember!!
When passengers were paying that $1.48/mile rate they were happy! Why Uber feels like they need to give our services away is beyond me. Do they think that more people will use the service because the minimum is now $3.50? Hell no. It's just a slap in the face. Uber needs to take a lesson from drug dealers. They have the passengers hooked now, so it's time to RAISE the prices.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
When passengers were paying that $1.48/mile rate they were happy! Why Uber feels like they need to give our services away is beyond me. Do they think that more people will use the service because the minimum is now $3.50? Hell no. It's just a slap in the face. Uber needs to take a lesson from drug dealers. They have the passengers hooked now, so it's time to RAISE the prices.
Über could make some money by raising the rates. http://gawker.com/here-are-the-internal-documents-that-prove-uber-is-a-mo-1704234157

·
Registered
501 Posts
Trip was from love field to small town outside denton. These rates are ridiculous, making it harder to keep driving for uber.
That's a long way to come back empty!

I picked up a Love Field to North Richland Hills... 25 miles, 32 minutes, netted $20 and some change to get stranded in north Fort Worth. Makes me wish I hadn't fired up the app "just to see" what I could get.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
That's a long way to come back empty!

I picked up a Love Field to North Richland Hills... 25 miles, 32 minutes, netted $20 and some change to get stranded in north Fort Worth. Makes me wish I hadn't fired up the app "just to see" what I could get.
The Uber app..fire it up & long trip with dead miles &.85 cents per mile. Yikes!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
this is actually disturbing. uber is asking you to ruin your car for them , the only money you make on that is the depreciation of the miles and gas. smh

·
Registered
61 Posts
TIPS?! PLEASE!!! I work for Uber. I don't know please, don't give me "money". Uber happily pays me .07/min and .45/mile which barely gives me enough to even fill my gas tank but ya know what....I am happy to do this for you drunk guy who smells like pee. Whats that? You didn't smell like pee before you got in my car? don't worry about it! Uber pays me slightly more to clean up after you. And don't worry, I get to stop making money tonight and go clean that up right now. No YOU have a great night! Thanks for the 3 star rating for no apparent reason.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts