Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave a ride to gentlemen named karlos L who said that there are forty-three thousand Uber drivers in Nevada. I picked him up from Caesars and after a few minutes he started telling me that he was one of the people that advocated for Uber to come to Las Vegas. Does anyone know who this Karlos L is?

·
Registered
932 Posts
He is the first one to tell you there are 43000 uber drivers in vegas? It's really 43000 rideshare liscenses issued. It doesn't take into account the fact that most rideshare people double up so that number is most likely 40% smaller

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From how he was talking it didn't sound like he he was referring to license driver's it sounded more like drivers that are using Uber app

·
Registered
932 Posts
This was all in the legislative presentations from uber and lyft from last week. They admitted at that time what I said in my previous post

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
In the 78 session of the Nevada Legislature and the rule making process done by NTA prior to the approval of TNC operations in Nevada numerous people spoke in support for the return of Uber.

In Mr. Breslow presentation to the Senate Committee on Transportation last Thursday the number of TNC stickers given out to TNC drivers have increase to 58,000 in the state of Nevada. The breakdown of the number of drivers working for each platform in Nevada is currently not available.

On Thursday this week the Assembly Committee on Transportation has another meeting with the TA and NTA perhaps Mr Breslow will supply more data at that time as one Senator did ask for additional data in last Thursday meeting.

Looking at the budget for the NTA the 32 member team must be very busy to keep up with all the work that TNC operations give them. With a 200% plus increase in citations last year alone for TNC drivers breaking the law. It is a vast amount of work for a tiny agency.

The former Chairman of the NTA told the Sunset Subcommittee that 19,000 TNC stickers had been given out in Nevada at that time last year in the fall.

The turnover of Uber drivers in America is massive. 11% of Uber drivers do not last one month. A quarter of all Uber drivers working currently have not worked 4 months. 58% of Uber drivers do not last one year. That data comes from Uber's own economist and at that time the UberX price was far higher than today. Many UberX drivers working today do not know that on September 15, 2015 the first day of the relaunch of Uber in Las Vegas the price per mile was $1.80 a mile. A walk in the park to make money back then.

Uber and Lyft have not testified yet in the Senate & Assembly Committee on Transportation in the 79th session of the Nevada Legislature.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What ever the number is, there is still a lot of drivers out there on the roads. Compared to the couple thousand that signed up the first month Uber started.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It's number of stickers.

So consider how many do it for both (on top of, potentially, adding GetMe. Though since it shut down here on NYD it might not count).
Consider how many have gotten multiple ones on the same platform for one reason or another.
Consider how many only do it once in a rare while.
Consider how many don't do it any more at all.
Consider how many have been deactivated.

So it's a lot, but it's certainly not even close to that many actively driving regularly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts