Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8 rides in 4 hours, downtown and East Side!!! Making $41 take home before gas....so more like $35. What a total ****ing joke this is!! We really need to consider going down to office hours or wherever there may be new sign ups for drivers and let them know the truth about what is going on!!

5-9pm

Any other shitty nights out there?

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Your only option is to delete the app and stop driving at these low rates.

Uber will never raise rates, they're in a death spiral as a company.

If you want to drive people around for money, get on with a taxi or limo company in your area.

Reactions: Yankee

·
Registered
553 Posts
Don't bother with a taxi. Better rates but the same problems getting a ride these days. Uber sucked up the market with low fares but flooded the market with drivers. There is no more money in this business unless you doing some type of specialty work.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First....Mmmmm....Fried Cheese!!!

Second.....no doubt. It's shameful especially when Uber is touting their service and acting like they are God's gift to transportation issues. You can't combine 20 minute waits for pings with $5 rides. It is just not sustainable in any way, shape or form. Now if only Uber would listen up!!

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your only option is to delete the app and stop driving at these low rates.

Uber will never raise rates, they're in a death spiral as a company.

If you want to drive people around for money, get on with a taxi or limo company in your area.
You're a comedian right? That's some funny shit right there!! Thanks dawg!!

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Taxi companies have the same issue with too many drivers, not enough pax ... in virtually every city. The problem for taxis is that taxi companies primarily make money by leasing cabs to drivers ... that's why cab companies in Austin are trying to get ATX City Council to approve issuing 300 more cab permits (100 per company) ... this will not improve cab availability and also will not improve the earnings potential for the existing drivers. Some cabbies think that if Uber/Lyft were to disappear they'd be back on easy street; however, Austin City Council Mobility Committee (report - page 2, paragraph 3) indicates that there was no negative impact on Taxi trips after Uber/Lyft started operating in Austin.

On the flip side, Uber makes money from every trip ... so let's assume that there were 1,000 trips in Austin on any given day ... Uber doesn't care if the 1,000 trips are covered by 100 cars (10 trips per car) or 1,000 cars (1 trip per car) ... Uber makes the same revenue on those trips and has the same expense on those trips whether the 1,000 trips were handled by 100 cars or 1,000 cars. It's a zero sum game. In the end, Uber wants to make sure that 100% of the potential trips had a driver accept (and drive) those trips ... and they will flood the marketplace with drivers to make sure that 100% of the trips are picked up so that they are not leaving any money on the table. If in the course of your "partnership" with Uber you made money, great ... Uber doesn't care how much you did or did not make; as your earnings, per se, have no affect on their bottom line. And if you happen to quit because you didn't make enough money to survive, no biggie ... Uber will just lure the next sucker into their shell game.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
You're a comedian right? That's some funny shit right there!! Thanks dawg!!
Not nearly as funny as destroying the value of your vehicle to put money in Uber's pocket.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Any Uber driver on here may have gripes and *****es about how stupid Uber is about some of their decisions. But we are still Uber drivers on this Uber forum and we are driving because it makes whatever sense it makes to us individually to keep doing it. So what's your reasoning for being a lowly cab driver and coming on to an Uber forum to talk smack? Is that how bad it is for you that you need to come on here and try to make your pathetic life choices seem better? You have nothing of any value to add here so please Go Away!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Once school/college is in full swing - you should see an increase in trips. Help is on the way - perhaps.

Reactions: ricky.luera

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Any Uber driver on here may have gripes and *****es about how stupid Uber is about some of their decisions. But we are still Uber drivers on this Uber forum and we are driving because it makes whatever sense it makes to us individually to keep doing it. So what's your reasoning for being a lowly cab driver and coming on to an Uber forum to talk smack? Is that how bad it is for you that you need to come on here and try to make your pathetic life choices seem better? You have nothing of any value to add here so please Go Away!!
You don't seem to understand that I'm actually trying to help you. All the drivers here are trying to make the most of a screwed up industry. The fact that I drive a cab and you drive for Uber really doesn't matter at the end of the day, we're all trying to make money driving people around.

If you don't want to read my advice that you stop driving for the low rates Uber is charging, then you should stop complaining about the rates.

I'm not going anywhere pal.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't seem to understand that I'm actually trying to help you. All the drivers here are trying to make the most of a screwed up industry. The fact that I drive a cab and you drive for Uber really doesn't matter at the end of the day, we're all trying to make money driving people around.

If you don't want to read my advice that you stop driving for the low rates Uber is charging, then you should stop complaining about the rates.

I'm not going anywhere pal.
Dude. You are a cab driver. GET THE **** OFF OF UBER FORUMS BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT CHILD!!!!

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
None of that matters!!! It doesn't give you the right to come on here and talk shit to people who have done nothing to you!! UBER IS BETTER THAN CABS IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!! Yes, we are *****ing about them lowering their rates but this is an issue for us and has NOTHING to do with you!! You are accomplishing absolutely nothing coming on here and acting like an idiot.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
None of that matters!!! It doesn't give you the right to come on here and talk shit to people who have done nothing to you!! UBER IS BETTER THAN CABS IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!! Yes, we are *****ing about them lowering their rates but this is an issue for us and has NOTHING to do with you!! You are accomplishing absolutely nothing coming on here and acting like an idiot.
Whatever, bro. I'm perfectly happy with the rates on my meter and the money I make. If uber was a better deal for drivers, I'd be driving for them. I know a few guys here in the Phoenix market who tried Uber, but they weren't making enough money to cover their costs, so they went back to taxi driving or left the industry entirely.

Keep up your petulant childish whining though, it's quite amusing.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like maybe you should go to a shitty taxi forum and talk about that nonsense. NO ONE HERE CARES!!!!

BTW, you might want to look up the definition of whining. Because that is exactly what you have been doing on here...every word of it.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I
Taxi companies have the same issue with too many drivers, not enough pax ... in virtually every city. The problem for taxis is that taxi companies primarily make money by leasing cabs to drivers ... that's why cab companies in Austin are trying to get ATX City Council to approve issuing 300 more cab permits (100 per company) ... this will not improve cab availability and also will not improve the earnings potential for the existing drivers. Some cabbies think that if Uber/Lyft were to disappear they'd be back on easy street; however, Austin City Council Mobility Committee (report - page 2, paragraph 3) indicates that there was no negative impact on Taxi trips after Uber/Lyft started operating in Austin.

On the flip side, Uber makes money from every trip ... so let's assume that there were 1,000 trips in Austin on any given day ... Uber doesn't care if the 1,000 trips are covered by 100 cars (10 trips per car) or 1,000 cars (1 trip per car) ... Uber makes the same revenue on those trips and has the same expense on those trips whether the 1,000 trips were handled by 100 cars or 1,000 cars. It's a zero sum game. In the end, Uber wants to make sure that 100% of the potential trips had a driver accept (and drive) those trips ... and they will flood the marketplace with drivers to make sure that 100% of the trips are picked up so that they are not leaving any money on the table. If in the course of your "partnership" with Uber you made money, great ... Uber doesn't care how much you did or did not make; as your earnings, per se, have no affect on their bottom line. And if you happen to quit because you didn't make enough money to survive, no biggie ... Uber will just lure the next sucker into their shell game.
I disagree that more permits won't increase availability. There are never enough taxis during SXSW, ACL and F1, and Carlton Thomas sat in front of UTC and said there was no need to increase the permits in spite f the numbers presented. It is a real PITA to add on for black cars, but at least we were able to.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
I disagree that more permits won't increase availability. There are never enough taxis during SXSW, ACL and F1, and Carlton Thomas sat in front of UTC and said there was no need to increase the permits in spite f the numbers presented
I have to disagree with you ... adding 300 more permits 365 days a year to cover the shortfall of the 30-35 days of the aforementioned events ... seems like all cabbies would be screwed during the remaining 330 days as there would 300 more cabs vying for the daily cab trips that arguably are 1/10 or less than the high volume events like SXSW, ACL, F1. Clearly, there needs to be some equitable "middle ground" to get more cabs on the road during the high volume events; but adding 300 permits year round to cover 30-35 days is not the answer.

Uber drivers from all over the state come to Austin to drive during SXSW & ACL ... I'm sure that cabs can find a similar solution; albeit it won't be as seamless as Uber due to their regulatory restrictions. Similar to how Fire Departments work ... ATX needs a multi-city cooperation agreement that would allow cabbies from other cities to operate in ATX during SXSW, ACL, F1 to pickup the overflow that cannot be covered by current ATX cabs.

But definitely adding 300 more cabs year round to the Austin streets is bad for both cabbies & TNC drivers (possibly even bad for the riders) .

·
Registered
357 Posts
H
Hey *******, you're not better than me or any other taxi driver. I've been driving taxi in San Francisco for 7 years and I'm still a newbie. Most taxi drivers in San Francisco grind the streets for 20-30 years. When you get to 5 years as an Uber driver(not likely) you might actually have something to say until you're the one who needs to shut the **** up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
H

Hey *******, you're not better than me or any other taxi driver. I've been driving taxi in San Francisco for 7 years and I'm still a newbie. Most taxi drivers in San Francisco grind the streets for 20-30 years. When you get to 5 years as an Uber driver(not likely) you might actually have something to say until you're the one who needs to shut the **** up.
You're the one on an AUSTIN UBER drivers forum. What could you possibly have to offer except your top notch troll skills? Get a life

1 - 20 of 101 Posts