Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Endless crashes and error messages. Too slow signing in and out (sometimes doesn't even let me sign in or out (forcing me to restart phone) Not showing "surge" or "busy" areas properly (if that's what you call it) Cancelling jobs on its own with an error message after I accept the ping. Giving me jobs 20min away when I'm in central areas where there's definitely closer drivers to the rider. Giving me jobs way outside the surge area when I'm bang in the middle of it.

I can go on.....

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Yeap, if you have some managers and controllers friends, then definitely worth it. If not you will probably be better of with uber. Also if you work any less then 80 hrs a week you may earn the national minimum if you are lucky. It's not a secret that those guys are feeding their hard working and a..s leaking favourite drivers, and for the rest £6.50 is the lucky number of most of the jobs

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Possibly to do with trying to make a one size fits all app to work in all worldwide markets and across all platforms (X/Exec/Lux/Black/SUV/Pool/Pop etc...).

The Hailo driver app seems to work well and have no problems with it (as did Bounce and Drivr - though Bounce didn't have a sat nav integrated).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeap, if you have some managers and controllers friends, then definitely worth it. If not you will probably be better of with uber. Also if you work any less then 80 hrs a week you may earn the national minimum if you are lucky. It's not a secret that those guys are feeding their hard working and a..s leaking favourite drivers, and for the rest £6.50 is the lucky number of most of the jobs

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh dosnt sound good its just my car is broken down and i **** with ad lee i wont need to worry about the car as they give u one as for doing 80 hours a week noway i do about 60 at the most! But thanks anyway!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Endless crashes and error messages. Too slow signing in and out (sometimes doesn't even let me sign in or out (forcing me to restart phone) Not showing "surge" or "busy" areas properly (if that's what you call it) Cancelling jobs on its own with an error message after I accept the ping. Giving me jobs 20min away when I'm in central areas where there's definitely closer drivers to the rider. Giving me jobs way outside the surge area when I'm bang in the middle of it.

I can go on.....
"Giving me jobs 20min away when I'm in central areas where there's definitely closer drivers to the rider."

That's only because UBER loves you!!! :) When they hate you, they make you wish for a job 20 min. away but all you hear is crickets...

As far as the APP is concerned you're absolutely right about every single thing you said. I'm surprised this issue is not brought up more frequently as this APP is very unstable and when I drove for UBER, every time I turned it on I never knew what to expect from it. They even had me convinced at one point that my phone was to blame, so I went and got a brand new phone and I go out the next day all excited that the problem was solved only for it to do the exact same shit after the first ride. I said this before, and I say it again, it is very unsafe for everyone when you're having to mess around with turning off and restarting your phone, or trying to fix a crazy APP. while driving ... It doesn't take but a split second for disaster to happen.

As for the surge area that's a complete JOKE ... I happened to be in it many many many times and NOT one single ping ever.

It takes the average UBER X Driver 3 months max. to be completely disgusted by this gig ... driving mostly at or below cost. The UBER leadership is crazy enough to think they can solve that problem with Robot Cars :) I'd love to see one of those cars trying to maneuver its way through downtown San Diego or Los Angeles, find a "Safe" parking spot and pick up UBER's precious clients, clean up after them when they puke or leave a mess behind, and deliver them safely to their destination for 50 cents a mile and 5 cents / a minute...

There is a thin line between craziness and genius and I think UBER is crossing very quickly to the crazy side ... primarily by thinking their defective App is worth all that money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts